By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

taomaster06 said:
ctk495 said:
@Tao
Today I found out that pit has a disadvantage over lucas my fellow pit player confirm this.

really? i thought it was the other way around. but your pit is very good ctk but you use his smashes way too much.

I know  but really pit has a disadvantage because he is weak against the spike and the magnet thing.

Around the Network
IvoYarido said:
guild525 said:
shizzlee said:
Is Snake like a Fox/Falco weapon or something? Oh well, I lost the tournament I was in.

I don't know about Fox, but Falco is a very good counterpick against Snake. Falco's reflector destroys all of Snake's projectiles, his Chain Grab works wonders, and his lasers annoy Snake so much that he has to actually chase Falco. You can also spike Snake out of recovery I believe.

Aside from the fact that Snake can prime grenades to blow up when they reach their target (therefor, never fearing reflectors). Grenades can be held and/or shield dropped to stop chaingrabs. Shield Dropping grenades will ALSO knock them out of your opponents hands if they pick them up. Perfect Shielding or ducking prevents lasers from hitting. All of Snake's tilts outrange Falco's attacks except for his specials. Up-tilt prevents any approach from above and easily kills Falco. Nikita's can be dropped on top of Falco's head if he's reflector spamming. Mines also stop chaingrabbing... Mines and C4 limit Falco's area to safely work on Snake. 

Being able to spike Snake is hardly a plus, as a good Snake isn't going to let you get him off the stage in the first place. Anyone can easily edge guard Snake once he's off the stage. Even Bowser and Ganondorf X.x It's getting him off the stage in the first place thats the trick. 

@ The grenades, that can be shielded, or if timed correctly blows up at the reflector.

If he does drop grenades before you grab him you avoid and laser to pressure.  (He can't drop them while your grabbing if you do the chain grab right.) You can also reflector it away from you. The reflector can also hit Snake

You can Phantasm to him to mix in with lasers, and use reflectors and forward smashes to annoy him. Annoying people is key to victory. 

I don't think I've seen a Falco ever try to go in the air against Snake unless it was for Down aerialing constantly, however the U-tilt is a problem, the only way to avoid it is to either time an air-dodge or just stay away from the air.

Brawl FC: 2106-1814-5245

lol I can't access to the main page to day is a weird day.

ctk495 said:
taomaster06 said:
ctk495 said:
@Tao
Today I found out that pit has a disadvantage over lucas my fellow pit player confirm this.

really? i thought it was the other way around. but your pit is very good ctk but you use his smashes way too much.

I know  but really pit has a disadvantage because he is weak against the spike and the magnet thing.

the absorption bubble/magnet thing is effective against all characters. and pit has a good chance recovering from a spike because he can fly.

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

fun games everyone, im leaving early tonight.

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

Around the Network

nice matches guys but green screen got us ;/

I'm trying to relearn Ike with a different control scheme.
Anyone want to help train/playwith me?
Might be the only chance you guys can beat him. =x =P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

I think my lucas has surpass my Pit you may wondering why and there is a easy answer to that question. It is because I play Lucas in brawls while I only play pit in duels so I play with Lucas more than with Pit.I will play pit in brawls from now on in order for him to catch up with Lucas.Great Palutena I won't dissapoint you.

Laser's can't hit snake if he's ducking. He's lays on the ground and they fly right over. Theres no pressure if its not hitting, then he can just crawl forward and down tilt you into the air. Phatasm is easily shielded and punished.

If the grenades in his hand during a chaingrab, it will explode and knock Falco out as well as Snake. Reflector does nothing if the grenade explodes the exact moment it reaches its target. Using reflector directly on Snake is asking to give him a free Dash attack after he shields it. Grenade Stripping also allows him to stop any grenade in mid air and just make it drop. Another mark against the reflector strategy. Did I mention he can also use grenades as a psuedo counter? Their usefulness never ends >.<

Snakes tilts are horribly disjointed.

They rival Dedede's F-tilt in range. Up tilt KOs Mario at 102 off the top of FD, Jigglypuff 82 and King Dedede 123. 

Snake is broken. =/ Only way to beat him is to have a way to camp him. Pika and ROB can do that well enough since him ducking won't stop them. 

My Creations in Modnation Racers! Check zhem!
http://community.modnation.com/en-us/players/IvoYaridovich/creations

I can't believe what happened in our last match... I kept walking towrds you instead of F-Smashing >.>

Iclim, those matches were fun for a bit but you became rather predictable. Evertime I hit around 60% you seemed to try to F/D-Smash me every time I went off the ledge. I just lost intrest

@ Ivo; from our duel, how was my G&W? Your probably like the thoird/fourth person I used him on in a duel so I may need a little help.