By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Now requires PS+ for MULTIPLAYER!

Are you jumping out because of the loss of free multiplayer?

Yes 191 17.83%

No 708 66.11%

See Results 172 16.06%

Total:1,071

To put it simply... At 399$ and no DRM they have me by the balls. I'm gonna buy it. So it looks like I'm gonna be a PS+ member now. And remember those good ol days of playing UC2 MP for free. Still very happy overall.

Around the Network

Jumping to the WiiU isn't even an option. It doesn't have the games.

As for PC, that's where most multiplayer games are anyway. You still need one of the consoles to play the 'console' exclusives though. ATM PS4 is kicking the XONE in the nuts.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

I'm a little bummed, but I think deep down I knew this was coming. I do think Plus is a good value as it is so I guess I'm ok with it. Considering that the PS4 isn't very expensive to begin with makes it better.

You are dumb if you own the PS3 or the Vita and you don't have + anyways. Even if multiplayer were still free on the PS4 I would NEVER think about giving up PS+. I honestly don't understand how this could possibly be a deal breaker for any rational person.

it is such a minor blip to what they are offering who cares. besides you get freaken bundles of free games each month for crying out loud

Around the Network

This is a small disadvantage to a system that is far superior compared with competition. Besides, I pay for Gold and that offers a much less value for money.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I am disappointed. Although I have plus and love it. I'm not happy with sony for doing this. My brother and a few friends who aren't plus might not be able to get it so easily. At least it won't be requited for things like netflix though

UltimateUnknown said:
Even though I have a Plus membership already and I stay subscribed because I absolutely love the value Plus gives you as a consumer, this was a very disappointing move from Sony. It was even more disappointing because they stealth trolled everyone while explaining how they won't have DRM and didn't even mention this out loud for everyone to pick up on. At the very least they could have given a little statement as to why payment for regular MP is now required.

When gaming journalists ask them, they will answer; it is not like they have canceled the interviews as certain other console.   I admit they should have made it a bit more clear; BUT; people will still know.

Oh watch out here come the Xbox One loyalists going to use the PS+ to dig at PS4 future-owners...

Seriously I'm happy with paying $5 a month for a better online experience, after all the console itself is only $399.99... oh yea and I can trade in my used games and buy used games at a cheaper price, and not have to check-in every 24 hours unlike the Xbone...

mantlepiecek said:

Terrible decision by sony. The decision to get a PS4 which seemed so easy now seems very difficult. Can't buy something that will lock my game's component unless I pay every year, regardless of what I get in return because we already pay for the game in the first place.

So, is going with the Wii U now a no brainer because of this?  Or is it that you find that the XBox One is a better choice, or are you not doing any gaming online at all now?