By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [E3 2013] Wii U lack third party titles.

Skeeuk said:
WiiU is finished im afraid which is a shame i quite like mine, i guess it will settle down as a fan based console with all the fave nintendo games on it

wait a little, give them a chace until the direct tomorrow.

34 years playing games.

Around the Network

I have a odd feeling The Division is coming to Wii U, it's just up to Nintendo to get it on there. Man that game look awesome.

PS4 Wii U.... what ever console, I'm sold on that game.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Eh, who really cares? When was the last time that Nintendo desperately needed a third party for support? Not since the SNES era console wise. (Handheld is just fine.) When was the last time that a Call of Duty or Crysis broke even a million copies on a Nintendo?

Nintendo isn't a 3rd party suck up. If they needed it they'd make sure they had it. They aren't going to cry because EA won't come and play. All they really need, and have, is Sega and Ubisoft on their side. Both have enjoyed mass success on Nintendo platforms.

So really, who cares if Rhyse or Drive Club won't be on Wii U. Chances are that if you own a U, you don't even care for them. The current fan bases are very split and distinct enough for me to say so. So in the end Nintendo will probably be the most profitable 1st party this year as they will probably experience less losses due to other consoles' increasing coorolation & inverse of sales. Nintendo will be fine. Quit acting like they need to be saved. They represent Mario... not Princess Peach.

Busted said:

Won't happen, to put it clean and simple nintendo is just out of the circle, the videogame industry is an upward spiral highway that every company, developers and hardware makers (not just consoles) follow, nintendo jumped out of it long time ago. they are in their own path, if others want to go and join them from time to time well, sure they are welcome but nothing will stop nintendo to keep moving forward in the path they've chosen, if someone had any doubt left today's events should have cleared it all up, they are alone.

This Nintendo path you talk of is indeed a very strange one. This way does not seem to be very financially rewarding, at least not yet.
I know what you are saying and you make good sense but at the end of the day Nintendo is a business. They need to sell a lot of consoles and get third-party devs to sell games for those consoles. This isn't happening.

When you release a console and six months later there are still no big games but yet the company still expect it to sell well doesn't strike me as good planning.

Nintendo need to wake up to the fact that they are nothing in the third-party world. The wii proved that no matter how many consoles nintendo sells the third-party devs don't give a damn as long as Nintendo maintain the path of producing much weaker systems than their rivals.

Nintendo should have known that they can only depend on themselves with the Wii Uand build a solid business plan around that.

justinian said:
Busted said:

Won't happen, to put it clean and simple nintendo is just out of the circle, the videogame industry is an upward spiral highway that every company, developers and hardware makers (not just consoles) follow, nintendo jumped out of it long time ago. they are in their own path, if others want to go and join them from time to time well, sure they are welcome but nothing will stop nintendo to keep moving forward in the path they've chosen, if someone had any doubt left today's events should have cleared it all up, they are alone.

This Nintendo path you talk of is indeed a very strange one. This way does not seem to be very financially rewarding, at least not yet.
I know what you are saying and you make good sense but at the end of the day Nintendo is a business. They need to sell a lot of consoles and get third-party devs to sell games for those consoles. This isn't happening.

When you release a console and six months later there are still no big games but yet the company still expect it to sell well doesn't strike me as good planning.

Nintendo need to wake up to the fact that they are nothing in the third-party world. The wii proved that no matter how many consoles nintendo sells the third-party devs don't give a damn as long as Nintendo maintain the path of producing much weaker systems than their rivals.

Nintendo should have known that they can only depend on themselves with the Wii Uand build a solid business plan around that.

Exactly, i talked about this in another thread, i say nintendo knew this all along, for some reason i think you made it sound like i made it sound like i was defending nintendo... not the case, just saying this, they know what they are facing i don't think they are that stupid, they sure knew about all the possible scenarios and evaluated them, like you said it's business and precisely! they know what the risks are, either they have a back up plan and they can only hope for it to work or this was the plan all along but im pretty sure they discussed and evaluated all the possible outcomes way back in 2008 while creating the Wii U, in fact, they probably are right now thinking about their 9th gen console to be launched in 5 years, it's just the way nintendo works, like i said they've decided on this path and no one is going to stop them, not even 3rd parties and all the ''power'' they supposedly have, you talked about profits.. nintendo could easily release 50 games on Ios a year and make 10 Times more money that all of Ios games made last year, they just have a way of thinking that is different from most companies and i think most people don't realize that, they think nintendo is like every other company, while they've clearly showed Generation after generation since they joined VG industry (and i bet even before that), that they aren't. They.are.Japanese.different

Around the Network

as long as nintendo makes money, they will be around. people are too fixated on numbers.

This pretty much confirmed EA is evil

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

I won't be surprised if Nintendo has told 3rd parties they will not pay for or moneyhat multiplattform-games, anything they pay for must be exclusive like for instance Bayonetta 2 and Sonic Lost World.

All that the Wii U needs to stay afloat will be revealed tomorrow on their Nintendo Direct. There may even be some Third Party spotlights, you never know.

NintendoPie said:
All that the Wii U needs to stay afloat will be revealed tomorrow on their Nintendo Direct. There may even be some Third Party spotlights, you never know.

I believe that we will se Dog Ghosts, Skylanders and The Division.

Click HERE and be happy