By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - We know about the Xone, so what will the PS4 cost?

What will the PS4 cost?

$299 3 1.09%

$349 19 6.91%

$399 92 33.45%

$449 95 34.55%

$499 40 14.55%

$549 6 2.18%

$599 19 6.91%

Total:274

Ladies and gentlemen we finally have a contest.

Microsoft have just had a conference that by most accounts was astounding.  The one elephant in the room was price: $499 US.

So, here exists a clear opportunity for Sony to differentiate itself.  One thing is clear, it is unlikely that Sony can 'top' Microsoft in the games sphere.  Though they certainly have an opportunity to match them, giving the impression that they have a far better stable of games is nigh on impossible.

Having said that, launching at a $400 price point or less as suggested by some analysts would be a huge differentiating factor.

So, what do you think the console will cost?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

I say £300-£350/ $400-$450

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

if they can hit $400 without DRM ps4 really ought to destroy ms this gen, imo.

499.. there is no reason for Sony to go under it.. they can have some nice profits (which they really need as a company) if they trust their game liberary and brand power..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I'm hoping for $400-450/£350, but believe it'll be the same price as X1.

Around the Network

$399

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Probably 499... Would be a shocker if its 399.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

I not 100% sure, but the PS4 has more expensive components than the Xbone One, in paper that means the PS4 will be more expensive or at least the same. 

However I don't think that's going to be the case. Now that we have a price for the One I think the PS4 will cost $450. A $400 might be a possibility, but that means Sony is probably losing more money than it's safe for them, at least imo.

Nintendo and PC gamer

NiKKoM said:
499.. there is no reason for Sony to go under it.. they can have some nice profits (which they really need as a company) if they trust their game liberary and brand power..

This.

They have so much going for them right now, no need to compete with price at this point.

Always thought £350-£380