By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MGS 5 coming to Xbox One

Smashed said:
darkknightkryta said:
cannonballZ said:
Xxain said:
We already knew MGSV was a multiplat game. Even before announcing MGSV Kojima publicly stated the future MGS's will be multi.

i wasn't aware of that. I thought MGS V was to be a ps3 exclusive. I only knew of MGRR going multi-plat.

Unless I missed something about Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain being Metal Gear Solid 5, MGS 5 is was initially announced for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC...

Well if it was coming out for 360, one would assume that it's coming out for Xbox One as well. Why would they make it for 360 and not their new console?

That's what I was trying to get at, it was initially announced for those consoles because Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain were announced back in September (Or August, I can't remember exactly).  Then back at GDC Kojima confirmed that those two games will BE Metal Gear Solid V.  I'm more curious about why the OP didn't know this...

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
sales2099 said:
No more MGS4 scandals. This is a XBox win no matter how you slice it.

It's also not a shock, given Kojima already said his games would be multiplat from here on out. "Winning" will be determined by sales, where PS4 will dominate here.

All said, this is a great thing for Microsoft to be on board from Day 1, this go-around.

Perspective I guess. Day 1 multiplat for mainline MGS is a MS win.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I never imagined Metal Gear Solid as an open world game but i'm interested. Also, never imagined seeing it at an Xbox event

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

People are quick to forget that Metal Gear Solid 1 was on a Microsoft platform long before it was on a Nintendo or Sony platform. While the MSX platform of computers were built by a multitude of hardware manufacturers, Microsoft was the company behind the MSX computer platform. In Japan, Europe, and many emerging markets, it was the primary computer platform, especially for educational purposes.

It looked so good. And looked truly open world.

Around the Network

Adinnieken said:
People are quick to forget that Metal Gear Solid 1 was on a Microsoft platform long before it was on a Nintendo or Sony platform. While the MSX platform of computers were built by a multitude of hardware manufacturers, Microsoft was the company behind the MSX computer platform. In Japan, Europe, and many emerging markets, it was the primary computer platform, especially for educational purposes.

I did not know that. I thought metal gear was on Nintendo first. :P

Metal Gear fanbase is mostly on Playstation. I don't expect that to change next-gen. It's really weird seeing Kojima at Microsofts conference..