By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - January 2007vs January 2008 console sales comparison

January 2007 January 2008 Increase 
PS3  374321 742374 98.3%
 Xbox360 489880 598027 22%
 Wii 1027680 1319591 28.4%

Of course the PS3 wasn't available in others at the time and the other represents about 40-45% of its market now, still it will be interesting how this evolves once we are 1 year+ past the release date of the PS3 in Others... 

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

I suspect the PS3 will continue selling double what it did last year for most of the year. the extra sales that it gained after EU launch will be made up for by MGS 4 and GTA IV boosts

Its all in the price, as well as more available stock of the wii.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Good to see gaming so healthy.

Very nice all round....

especially PS3

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

What I hate about comparisons of different years as there is always other variables needed to be taken in but nice for all 3.

^well, of course but u can't control everything
esp nice of PS3 but Wii would have been similar to the PS3 if there was enuff supply

sorry, you take out european numbers and the increase is pretty much the same for all three. Of course that's ps3's best market but it wasn't released there in jan 07.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Good to see that all the consoles are doing well, though the PS3 number is somewhat inaccurate, since it was not released in Europe yet in January 2007, and Europe is by far PS3's best market.

johnsobas said:
sorry, you take out european numbers and the increase is pretty much the same for all three. Of course that's ps3's best market but it wasn't released there in jan 07.

Why take out European numbers? It's arbitrary and discriminatory. Oh, I get it.