By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Speculation on PS4 Release Price/Date

RenderMonk said:
Trunkin said:
Your expected prices are way too low. They'd be bleeding money out the anus for years. No. The PS4 will have to start at $799. As for the PS4+Vita bundle...

$999

The prices you have listed clearly are a joke. Have you ever seen anything from the console makers bundle for those prices? EVER?!? No. $799 and $999 are ridiculous. The prices I've listed are realistic, and consumer grabbing, while not being so low as to brake the bank. Off the shelf parts, and huge savings on R&D make the prices I've mentioned VERY realistic.

349 for Sony is still a hefty loss.

WiiU cost what $170 or so to make (GAF estimates) and they were selling the basic version at loss for $299.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network

For those that are saying it's release is sure to be November and the price estimates are too low....Think a bit about it before posting your response. Sure we can all regurgitate what the industry is predicting, and what historical norms are pointing us to guesstimate. I'm asking you to think about it, and make a logical argument for why it will be DIFFERENT from what everyone else is already saying.

November makes the most sense as far as a "safe bet" is concerned. But the Aug/Sept release and why (as mentioned in the original post) shows some thought provoking alternative. That's what I wanna see from you guys. Wow me with some original thought and some intellectual predictions, that's aren't such safe bets (in line and agreement with industry norms), but aren't ludicrous off-the-wall stabs in the dark. Sony KNOWS they have to change things up. Just look at what they did with a reveal event in Feb....And with not showing the actual hardware yet... Both things that people didn't see coming, and yet have worked out really well. Why do you think that is? Think about it and respond. Sony is trying to break the mold, even if just by a little. That's why I'm predicting what I am. Not because it's 100% sure-fire, but because it falls in line with their mold-breaking strategy so far.

Check out my Gaming Website www.LiveLootLevel.com View my game blog, read some reviews, and leave a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for taking the time guys.

-_-

September 27, 2013

$350 cheaper SKU

Release date: mid November.

As for the price, 2 options:

1) Sony breaking even: $400 or $450 (the cheapest model)
2) Sony losing money: $350 or $400 (again the cheapest model)

The second one takes into consideration a $50 loss with each console. More than that will be dangerous for the company imo.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

Otakumegane said:

WiiU cost what $170 or so to make (GAF estimates) and they were selling the basic version at loss for $299.

$170 estimates is without Gamepad... only the console.

tuscaniman99 said:
-_-

That's the thought provoking intellect I'm talking about ; )

Check out my Gaming Website www.LiveLootLevel.com View my game blog, read some reviews, and leave a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for taking the time guys.

ethomaz said:

Otakumegane said:

$170 estimates is without Gamepad... only the console.

Ah I was wrong there then.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Last week of October in Japan, mid-Nov in US, first week of Dec in Europe.

$399, just console+controller

$449 with PS Eye

Both come with 500gb HDD and a headset

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

It will be no lower than $399 for the cheapest model.