By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My new most overrated game ever

Tagged games:

I was late to Ico and SotC. I loved SotC but really didn't' enjoy Ico. Found it pretty damn boring honestly.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

I was also disappointed with ICO. It's not a bad game at all but it most certainly is overrated. SOTC on the other hand, that game's hype is well earned. One of my favorite games, and I played it only last year.

4 ≈ One

I like Ico but couldn't enjoy Shadow of the Colossus for some reason. I might have to give it another try, it's something different anyway

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

yum123 said:

- there is no story at all I dont even know who the kid or the girl is. No dialog no english speakers. just a tiny bit of text here and there. IO could not care less for the characters because theres nothing to care about.

I am not a fan of the game, but this here is just wrong.

I've only played SotC (wrote a paper about it in uni) so I can't compare directly, but if it's anything like that game it is definitely not a traditional experience (traditional, as in mindless *bang bang* n00bs! you mad bro?!). If you go into it hoping for a brainless edge-of-your-seat technological masterpiece I think you'll be disappointed. They're niche, thought-provoking titles, but if you happen to be in the group that can appreciate that sort of thing, typically you REALLY enjoy them.

It's all about the game.

Around the Network

I actually think ICO got dragged along by Shadow of the Collossus. I mean when it came out nobody gave a fuck about it. But now people are talking about it because its on HD collection together with SotC

I thought a lot that night before go to sleep...

There are no way to say the game has no story if you played it... it is like to say Zelda have no story too... and the ICO story is more dense and complex than Zelda's stories.

AndrewWK said:
I actually think ICO got dragged along by Shadow of the Collossus. I mean when it came out nobody gave a fuck about it. But now people are talking about it because its on HD collection together with SotC

What?

I bought it because of the glowing reviews in 2002, and it was the first game I rebought when I moved overseas.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/r_ico

In an industry justly accused of leaning towards style over content, ICO is a beacon of light and a bastion of superb game design. Thrusting aside the seesaw of graphics and gameplay which seems to have emerged in recent years, ICO entertains consistently and effortlessly and rewards the player with more of the same. And although it seems strangely ironic to round ICO's time off with a cliché, if there is only one PlayStation 2 game you play, make it this one.

It was a new IP by an unknown studio and no bang bang, so yes most people ignored it.

Early PS2 game that is being caught up with age, is all. (as far as "clunkiness" goes)

I still find it great though. Art style and platforming alone make this worthy.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)