Forums - Microsoft Discussion - leaving MS consoles after ten+ years

coolguy said:
That's why aim geting a PS4

Good for you buddy, good for you.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
disolitude said:

Judging by your posts I can't tell if you want this disk DRM implemented or not...

I personally do not like the idea of online checks and the potential inability to loan games to friends (I'm curious about what resrictions are going to be in place regarding the family and friend sharing), and I was really hoping that Microsoft would go back on these things.  I still haven't made my decision of what consoles to support in the next generation, but these will certainly play a role in my decision.

JusSayian said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
JusSayian said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
JusSayian said:
I cannot wait for the Xbox one to come out and everyone buys it, loves it, so we do not have to hear people constantly complain anymore
The amount of bitching on these forums is an eyesore.

It's not just this forum, but the whole internet. People in the real world are walking away too. No body wants this thing, Just saying.

According to who? You?

Most people i know are acutally excited for it, the used game policy is bs, but PC gamers have been dealing with that for years, console gamers can too.

Everyone i know hates it. Only 3 people of these 15 or so where ps3 only this gen, everyone is going PS4. That’s why there are consoles gamers. Less shit to deal with, now that’s out the window  why not just go pc and have the advantage of steams deep discounts? Get ready for the storm its coming.

Just because everyone you know hates it doesn't everyone else does. The Xbox one will do well, like it or not. 

And yes I do game on the PC, and i do have a steam account. Steam will never be on par with Xbox coming from someone who has been using both for years.

MS will losse lost of ground, like it or not. Count on it.

CGI-Quality said:
BenVTrigger said:

PS4 is implementing the exact same thing besides the 24 hour online check.

I hadn't heard this. Any sources?

"At a roundtable this morning, Sony's game studios chief, Shuhei Yoshida, told reporters that any requirement for users to register a game online in order to play it would be left to game publishers. Sony won't require that."

http://kotaku.com/sony-wont-answer-these-questions-about-ps4-drm-and-use-510477281

This will probably result in a fragmented PS4 used games market.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
arcelonious said:
disolitude said:

Judging by your posts I can't tell if you want this disk DRM implemented or not...

I personally do not like the idea of online checks and the potential inability to loan games to friends (I'm curious about what resrictions are going to be in place regarding the family and friend sharing), and I was really hoping that Microsoft would go back on these things.  I still haven't made my decision of what consoles to support in the next generation, but these will certainly play a role in my decision.

Gotcha. So you would prefer to have the DRM on the disk, like Sony is proposing here? Its just insteresting to see what works for people... DRM really has to exist with these consoles since they are both doing hardware installs.

I for one wouldn't take the disk option over online check but I can see both sides of the coin.

Around the Network
techhunter80 said:

I find myself doing the same if MS really goes through with this, I loved the 360 but I can't support what they're doing with the Xbox 1.

If they go through with it? It's already been confirmed that they are....

Mmmfishtacos said:
JusSayian said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
JusSayian said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
JusSayian said:
I cannot wait for the Xbox one to come out and everyone buys it, loves it, so we do not have to hear people constantly complain anymore

It's not just this forum, but the whole internet. People in the real world are walking away too. No body wants this thing, Just saying.

According to who? You?

Most people i know are acutally excited for it, the used game policy is bs, but PC gamers have been dealing with that for years, console gamers can too.

Everyone i know hates it. Only 3 people of these 15 or so where ps3 only this gen, everyone is going PS4. That’s why there are consoles gamers. Less shit to deal with, now that’s out the window  why not just go pc and have the advantage of steams deep discounts? Get ready for the storm its coming.

Just because everyone you know hates it doesn't everyone else does. The Xbox one will do well, like it or not. 

And yes I do game on the PC, and i do have a steam account. Steam will never be on par with Xbox coming from someone who has been using both for years.

We will see, i doubt they will since they are catering to a much wider audience than Sony.

JusSayian said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
JusSayian said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
JusSayian said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
JusSayian said:

According to who? You?

We will see, i doubt they will since they are catering to a much wider audience than Sony.

An audience that isn't intrested in a new fangled way to watch tv. Good luck with that MS. By the way, ps2 sold 150 million plus to gamers. I think Sony will do just fine reaching a wide audience.

disolitude said:

Gotcha. So you would prefer to have the DRM on the disk, like Sony is proposing here? Its just insteresting to see what works for people... DRM really has to exist with these consoles since they are both doing hardware installs.

I for one wouldn't take the disk option over online check but I can see both sides of the coin.

I would prefer it if it remained like it was in the past generation (no DRM, with the worst being online passes).  If Sony does implement that patent for the PS4, then I may stick with the PC and Wii U next generation (I was multiplatform this gen).  While I've obviously had to occasionally deal (or more accurately, avoid) with DRM already with my PC, the plus is that I don't need a subscription to play online multiplayer games, not to mention the access to mods, developer console commands, and so on.

Mmmfishtacos said:
JusSayian said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
JusSayian said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
JusSayian said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
JusSayian said:

According to who? You?

An audience that isn't intrested in a new fangled way to watch tv. Good luck with that MS. By the way, ps2 sold 150 million plus to gamers. I think Sony will do just fine reaching a wide audience.

You seem to know a lot about what consumer feel and think don't you? After MS success with Kinnect (fast selling consumer device of all time) i think people would have more faith in their business strategies.

Yea and sega was once a great console manufacture as well, that doesn't mean they will be again does it? Sony is marketing the PS4 as just a  games console therefore limiting a huge segment of its potential market.