By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - UEFA Under-21 Championship Israel 2013 SPA-RUS 1-0 HOL-GER 3-2

Who will win the title?

Spain 1 7.14%

Russia 0 0%

England 0 0%

Italy 1 7.14%

Holland 6 42.86%

Germany 3 21.43%

Israel 0 0%

Norway 2 14.29%

I don't give a damn about soccer. 1 7.14%

All should be winners. 0 0%

Total:14

Around the Network

Currently playing:

Holland vs. Germany 2-1

Go Dutch!

Germans main U21 players are not playing. That makes it quite difficult.

Ter Stegen
Draxler
Schürrle
Götze
Thomas Müller
Gündogan

All of them are young enough to play there.

Still like U21 championships. Great opportunity to scout talents. There were rumors about Dortmung trying to sign Volland and they really should.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:

Ter Stegen
Draxler
Schürrle
Götze
Thomas Müller
Gündogan

Still like U21 championships. Great opportunity to scout talents. There were rumors about Dortmung trying to sign Volland and they really should.

That's a shame. Contrary to the Dutch who have i think all the eligible A-team players available.

These championships are indeed fun to watch, at least a lot better than our national league.

weaveworld said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Ter Stegen
Draxler
Schürrle

Götze
Thomas Müller
Gündogan

That's a shame. Contrary to the Dutch who have i think all the eligible A-team players available.

These championships are indeed fun to watch, at least a lot better than our national league.

The bolded one played the Champions League final and the underlined one played this nonsense-friendly games with the A-team.

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:
weaveworld said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Ter Stegen
Draxler
Schürrle

Götze
Thomas Müller
Gündogan

The bolded one played the Champions League final and the underlined one played this nonsense-friendly games with the A-team.

If you put it like that it's a shame both teams made the finals... My guess is they would have been available otherwise?

weaveworld said:
DirtyP2002 said:
weaveworld said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Ter Stegen
Draxler
Schürrle

Götze
Thomas Müller
Gündogan

If you put it like that it's a shame both teams made the finals... My guess is they would have been available otherwise?

No, they are actually beyond the U21 level, they are playing for the A-team.
You can't play on a higher level than the Champions League final, so U21 would be a step backwards.

It is just that the meaning of the U21 championship is not as important as it would be.
You can't say that team X has a better generation coming up than team Y for example.

DirtyP2002 said:
weaveworld said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Ter Stegen
Draxler
Schürrle

Götze
Thomas Müller
Gündogan

Would've been worse if Holtby also went to the DFB vacation :P

Anyway congrat to the Netherlands, they always have a strong youth.

DirtyP2002 said:
weaveworld said:
DirtyP2002 said:
weaveworld said:

No, they are actually beyond the U21 level, they are playing for the A-team.
You can't play on a higher level than the Champions League final, so U21 would be a step backwards.

It is just that the meaning of the U21 championship is not as important as it would be.
You can't say that team X has a better generation coming up than team Y for example.

Excuse me? Winning a European Championship albeit the u-21 is a title that I personally would like to add to my trophy list. I can understand them not playing because their season has lasted so long but otherwise... There's a reason these u-21 aren't yearly anymore.

Oh well, i'm Dutch, I'll be happy with just this title and luckily so are some of the Dutch A-team players ;p

Barozi said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Would've been worse if Holtby also went to the DFB vacation :P

Anyway congrat to the Netherlands, they always have a strong youth.

On behalf of the Netherlands: thanks ;p

Sadly enough they hardly ever finish the job as grown ups.