By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I Believe DriveClub Will Outsell Forza 5. And You?

Tagged games:

I think they will both sell similar numbers but I'm not sure how much in range.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network

Isn't drive club given away day one on ps+? Doubt the game will sell well knowing how both froz and gt look better and more interesting.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

kowenicki said:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=165457

Early signs aren't good

(early signs are good)

U.S. numbers lol okay The Power of DriveClub is in europe ;)

I think Forza 5 will easily outsell Drive Club at launch and that the sales gap will only increase over time.

Kresnik said:
Heavens no.

I'm worried Drive Club is going to be lost in a sea of racing games around that time. GT6; Forza 5; Need for Speed and The Crew.

Unless Sony throws some serious advertising money at it. Or Microsoft release Forza 6 in 2014.

Oh my goodness, Snik. This post is all types of great. Especially since it's flat out the truth.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:

1. PS4 offers free ps+-trial.

What is this?

On topic:

You are digging your own grave ethomaz. DriveClub will be a good game but it is not even close to being the best PS4 exclusive. Most people will be getting Killzone as the numbers show. On xbone however Forza 5 is THE game to get at launch. Heck I've never bought a single Forza except Horizon and I plan to buy 5 just so I have a nice xbone game. Then again I'm an American so Europe could ruin my analysis. How is driveclub doing over there with preorders?

If Driveclub wasn't free I would've gone with that game but I'm going with Forza 5 to sell more.

After sawing the thread title, i expected a lot of bashing, i am surprised at the outcome.

Their is no way in hell that Drive Club will outsell Forza 5, i'm not even sure if it will get to 1.5-2 LT sales. I am very confused at the strategy behind sony, releasing GT6 on the ps3, and making drive club a ps+ edition. Both gt6 and the ps+ edition will decrease it's potential sales. Also many of the driving fans will not be getting a ps4 at launch, and if they do it will probably be for a gt prologue, or full game in that case they will not think about drive club.

Now with drive club selling low forza 5 will do well, it is an established franchise, and it will have a lot of legs for 2+ years especially with bundling.

I see forza 5 selling 5 mill+ Drive club maximum 2.5 million including digital sales.

Well over a year passed and it is time to use the still innacurate data to make the first preview.

Week Forza 5 DriveClub Difference
1 314,012 357,755 +43,743
2 112,200    

Total 1,534,864 357,755 -1,177,109

DriveClub had a really good start... for now everything is happening like I predicted.

lol the best necro i've seen in ages!