By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If You Could Change One Thing About The Wii

Hard drive.

No motion controls; I would use the GameCube controller.

HD support.

Blue Ray.

System power that's close to the 360.

This would make the Wii my favorite console.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
I would've upgraded the ram, processor, and GPU. I'm sure they're making more than enough off of each Wii that they sell at $250, so they could've upgraded these components quite a bit without going in the red. Considering that the GC and N64 were launched at only $200 and sold at a profit, despite having major hardware upgrades over their predecessors, then the Wii must cost well under $200 to manufacture. Why not make it perform a bit better, all the while still making profit? I think they could've made the system half as strong as the 360/ps3, and they could've still sold it at a nice profit at $250.

It seems to me as if Nintendo priced the Wii at what they thought they could get, rather than what it is worth, from a hardware standpoint. I must say that it has really worked out for them.

I actually meant to bring this up before.

Personally, I'd rather they'd have just priced it lower. $250 is way too much for what the Wii provides, even if it does come with a pack-in game. It shouldn't cost anymore than $200.

Consoles owned: Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, DS, PS3

Riot Of The Blood said:
Hard drive.

No motion controls; I would use the GameCube controller.

HD support.

Blue Ray.

System power that's close to the 360.

This would make the Wii my favorite console.

What is the wii without motion controls? That is like ps3 without blu ray or xbox 360 without live.

HD for Opera etc (might be possible?)

Home clone set in the Mario universe

wenlan said:
Chadius said:
@wenlan: You mean, the Wavebird, Nintendo's wireless controller? Then again they don't sell it in the US anymore...blarg

Yes.  Why don't they release a new controller that looks more like a Wii accessory? 

They have.  It's called the Classic Controller.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

Friend codes = fine.
But voice chat, text chat...being able to make friends online...these things are neccessary. If I play against a great Smash Bros player, how can I save his name to play against him later? I can't, and that does suck.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

better online support no FC ! and a hard drive.

"What is the wii without motion controls?"

A great console that play games that aren't just mini-games.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

USB support/SD card compatibility (I mean more so you can load VC and save data to it)
Better Online
More DS compatibility

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

no friend codes BS

DVD playback funtionality

real online (voice chat/friends/most games can go online)