By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony E3 Prediction Thread:Come check your results!

Sony e3!

Hell yaaaaa 61 31.61%

Bring it 8 4.15%

Sony, Sony 10 5.18%

All my dreams 7 3.63%

I'm getting teary eyed 9 4.66%

Yes, yes,yes 2 1.04%

hype, hype 7 3.63%

Dammit where is vs 13 and the last guardian! 38 19.69%

PS4!!! 38 19.69%

Who am I? Where am I? 12 6.22%

Total:192
nnodley said:
darkknightkryta said:

The ram won't actually help with that, drawing triangles is processing dependant.  I was just curious cause they mentioned a lot of effects.  i mean using ray tracing for reflections.  The overall quality of the normal maps is better.  The lighting is amazing.  I was just hoping to see "Next gen" tesselation since tesselation in current games isn't too noticeable.

Oh I know the ram won't help with polygons.  Would it help with tesselation because doesn't tesselation just help smooth out the polygons?  I'm not too familiar with what exactly it does. 

No.  Tesselation is just sub dividing a polygon.  It "smoothes" out rough edges essentially.  But you can take it further.  Set up control points and automatically fill in the polygons.  It essentially gives you automatic LODs.  You just have to set the control points for where you want the polygons to be filled in.  It also can be used to repurpose polygons.  So if you have a cutscene, you're mostly zoomed in on characters.  You can take control points for the background and draw less polygons there and use control points to draw more polygons on the model.

Around the Network
darkknightkryta said:
nnodley said:
darkknightkryta said:

The ram won't actually help with that, drawing triangles is processing dependant.  I was just curious cause they mentioned a lot of effects.  i mean using ray tracing for reflections.  The overall quality of the normal maps is better.  The lighting is amazing.  I was just hoping to see "Next gen" tesselation since tesselation in current games isn't too noticeable.

Oh I know the ram won't help with polygons.  Would it help with tesselation because doesn't tesselation just help smooth out the polygons?  I'm not too familiar with what exactly it does. 

No.  Tesselation is just sub dividing a polygon.  It "smoothes" out rough edges essentially.  But you can take it further.  Set up control points and automatically fill in the polygons.  It essentially gives you automatic LODs.  You just have to set the control points for where you want the polygons to be filled in.  It also can be used to repurpose polygons.  So if you have a cutscene, you're mostly zoomed in on characters.  You can take control points for the background and draw less polygons there and use control points to draw more polygons on the model.

Ah, ok.  Good to know and thanks for the info.

BloodyRain said:
platformmaster918 said:
I'm predicting...
1. ND shows new IP set in a fantasy world (holiday 2014)

2. SSM shows a new IP and it's not a hack n' slash (no release date given)

3. KZ Shadowfall MP and 3 way battles

4. Box showing saved till the end (helps keep people glued)

5. MM teases their PS4 game (2014)

6. PS4 announced at $400 (headset, eye, 500gb HDD, 3 months of PS+) and $500 (headset, eye, 3 months of PS+, 1tb HDD, KZ Shadowfall)

7. Everything free online except Gaikai, spectating, and take over which are included in PS+ for the same $50 fee along with all the current perks though nothing free at launch (though discounts will be there for PS+ from launch)

Do you mean like the last of us style or more jak type?

Jak type.  Like a whole new world unlike ours.  Not realistic basically.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Massive op update, tons of videos for all! Wooh lets keep the hype going!

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
BUMP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my predictions:

1-they show a video with the awsome games that will come with ps4 and vita and psvita games 3minutes
2-they talk 2 minutes of the playstation brand
3-they show the console and talk some functions 15 minutes
4- they show some vita games and ps3 stuff 10 minutes
5-time for the games , live demos of shadow fall, knack, drive club and infamous 25 minutes
6- time for 3rd partys , live demo of destiny, live demo of assasins creedand probably one more game from other publisher like EA 20 minutes
7- sony first party again - trailer for sony santa monica new IP and trailer for another quantic dream game 5 minutes
8-square enix time baby, they show ff 14 for the ps4 and BAM , the megafuckington , ff vs 13 renamed ff 15 ps4 only , live demo, MINDBLOWN, final fantasy is saved , square is awsome again 10 minutes
9- capcom time and they show darkstalkers new game 5 minutes
10- talking about indie devs, they show the massive amount of indie games and free to play games 10 minutes
11- they show one more megaton, i dont know but i am feeling the last guardian ps4 would be amazing 5minutes
12 - final talk of conference and THE END

yes no naughty dog new ip or uncharted 4 and i beg santa monica to not bring another gow, let it rest at least 5 years ffs , SHOW NEW STUFF

Noooooo!!! lol, I really want to see something from naughty dog.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
BloodyRain said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
BUMP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my predictions:

1-they show a video with the awsome games that will come with ps4 and vita and psvita games 3minutes
2-they talk 2 minutes of the playstation brand
3-they show the console and talk some functions 15 minutes
4- they show some vita games and ps3 stuff 10 minutes
5-time for the games , live demos of shadow fall, knack, drive club and infamous 25 minutes
6- time for 3rd partys , live demo of destiny, live demo of assasins creedand probably one more game from other publisher like EA 20 minutes
7- sony first party again - trailer for sony santa monica new IP and trailer for another quantic dream game 5 minutes
8-square enix time baby, they show ff 14 for the ps4 and BAM , the megafuckington , ff vs 13 renamed ff 15 ps4 only , live demo, MINDBLOWN, final fantasy is saved , square is awsome again 10 minutes
9- capcom time and they show darkstalkers new game 5 minutes
10- talking about indie devs, they show the massive amount of indie games and free to play games 10 minutes
11- they show one more megaton, i dont know but i am feeling the last guardian ps4 would be amazing 5minutes
12 - final talk of conference and THE END

yes no naughty dog new ip or uncharted 4 and i beg santa monica to not bring another gow, let it rest at least 5 years ffs , SHOW NEW STUFF

Noooooo!!! lol, I really want to see something from naughty dog.

i wanted a new IP from them but they only have 2 hours and there is no time, in august i hope they show naughty dog game in europe gamescom

Theres a chance that it could be shown at the spike vg awards too. I believe the last of us was shown there first. A more pressing issue is that the nintendo thread has this one beaten by 100 members on there starship! Wizz as the general of psnation, go and find us more hypers xD

LAST GUARDIAN E3 2013

CALLING IT RIGHT NOW

Chevinator123 said:
LAST GUARDIAN E3 2013

CALLING IT RIGHT NOW

And finally a brave souls steps forward!

Put me on that train! Monday cant come any sooner!! *odd, nobody really gets excited for mondays xD

Well ....

Last Guardian PS4.

The hidden IPs from Sony's studious will be displayed, such as the other team at SSM under Stig

Some good news for Vita that may encourage people - software related announcements and price cut in NA.

Revival of some old skool game (or more than one)

Something related to Drake - be it Uncharted 4 on consoles or Vita related. If it is Vita it will have MP/coop

KH3 and FF ... I'm not so bold to presume they will be exclusive lol But 'may' have exclusive content.

Oh and more 'strategic partnerships' between Sony and third parties

And gamers will be most pleased with Sony's offerings at E3

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS