By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Wii: box art?

The wheel looks like it has a trigger on the left side, didn't realize that.

Around the Network

I doubt it, as the title appears tenative, and the packaging appears to be inefficient. Other than that, it looks quite nice. I'd like to see a more game related box art though.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

is this real/official? it looks a bit plain but that doesn't really matter

DSLover said:
 It's the remote's trigger sticking through.

ferret1603 said:
DSLover said:
 It's the remote's trigger sticking through.

It isn't "sticking through," its a button which presses the B trigger, but is easier to reach.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Around the Network

(gonintendo.com)

GameStop confirms Mario Kart Wii boxart?

February 3rd, 2008

GameStop

just added this to their Mario Kart Wii placeholder page. To my knowledge, GameStop isn’t one to use fan-made boxart!

VG box art is a good website for fake boxarts, looking at the Mario Kart Wii page here, there are a few like it with the two of them siting in the air driving, but none which are the same

Apparently Gamestop confirmed it is. As to GS's reliability I cannot speak.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

GameStop could be using it as a placeholder however I think it could be real now.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

damkira said:
coasterlove said:
It could be fake but I think the box looks legitimate. And to be honest, I don't care if it is or isn't. I'd be too busy playing the game to worry about the box. It could come in a brown cardboard box and simply say Mario Kart Wii (with included steering wheel) and it would sell 5 million+ copies. My only concern is that the steering wheel which doesn't interest me that much doesn't increase the price and that there will be a standard Wii case for the game in the box. My one pet peeve over Wii Sports is that little paper insert for the disc instead of a DVD like case as all other games.

That is pretty lame. What if you wanted to play friends? You'd have to keep buying steering wheel accessories. There hasn't been too much information putout about this game (especially compared to brawl) but hopefully you'll be able to use a variety of controllers.

I never said that I was in favor of the steering wheel, so I don't know why you quoted me on it. And like I said, if they're going to include the wheel automatically, I said I hope it wouldn't raise the price. Simply meaning that I could just as well do without it.

And I don't think it would matter if you wanted to have friends over to play. Correct me if I'm wrong but the wheel is just an attachement that isn't actually needed for gameplay. Just in the same way all those gun attachments or sports attachments like the Nerf variety or even the first steering wheel attachment at launch in some lame game back then, you don't need it to play. So whether someone has enough wheels or not, it shouldn't be an issue.

I'd also hope there would be a more traditional way of playing other than tilt control using the Wii Remote. Maybe the Gamecube controller or some other classic way of playing.

I'll come up with something better eventually...