By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Many Wiis Moved This Week With Brawl

100k - 120k the next week in Japan

Around the Network

The Japanese will sell around 100-120k Wiis. A common misconception about Japan is that Wiis are out everywhere. This really is not the case. Wii's are available in Japan. Granted they DO sell out sometimes in some places, but if you are set on getting one, you can get one. With that said, Wii numbers will be up due to SSBB.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

NJ5 said:
Could SSBB be to the Wii in Japan what Halo 3 was for the 360 in USA?

Explanation:

In Halo 3's launch week, it didn't seem to have an astronomical impact on 360 hardware sales, but pretty soon it became clear that it set a new plateau for them. Could the same happen for the Wii in Japan now that SSBB has been released?

This what I have been trying to say for a while, I think SSBB will create demand to a new type of gamer in Japan. Not many mainstream japanese gamers seem to be on the Wii right now like Bodhesheva said. SMG is not going to make a mainstream gamer go out and buy a Wii, but he might buy it after has a wii. SSBB will make mainsteam gamers buy a wii.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

I'm saying around 130k-150k, maybe more I suppose.

If 1 in 5 bought a Wii, plus the usual WiiFit sales... closer to 170k.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Nintendo definately sold more units in Japan than usual this week, but like always, we have no way of knowing how much more.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

How many people bought today?  People buy, and Nintendo dances.  When will Nintendo stop dancing?  Nintendo won't stop dancing, not until consumerism is defeated.  Those were my thoughts that day, I think.

Sorry, FFX reference.  The topic title just reminded me of the original line that was derived from, and I couldn't help myself.   In all seriousness, though, Brawl probably moved however many extra Wiis were allocated to Japan to coincide with its launch.  Supply constraints do that, you know.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Maybe 94k

"Why isn't samus in a mario kart game?"

I wouldn't expect WW sales to jump much, maybe 20k or so, but things will probably drop in the US and rise in Japan like they did for Wii Fit.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

probably how many were shipped. with Ninty's conservative estimates, u never know

btw: 550th POST!!!! YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!