By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FIFA 14 Pricing for Xbox One and PS4 Listed at £90 by Amazon.

(Photo : EA Games)

The pricing of PS4 and Xbox One games remains a mystery, but early listings of FIFA 14 on Amazon's European site suggest a hefty £90 fee of admission for EA's newest series entry, reports the Huffington Post. While the retailer's estimation is likely just that, both Microsoft and Sony have been silent on the issue. Alongside the question of always online requirements and used games, the companies would do well to quell the firestorm of concern that has engulfed the gaming community.

The North American Amazon site now lists the PS4 and Xbox One versions of Assassin's Creed 4, Thief 4, Watch Dogs at $99.99 as well. Don't worry too much though, as these figures are likely placeholders. It is unclear whether or not Sony and Microsoft have even finalized their decisions on the matter as of yet.

The transition from the Playstation 2, Xbox and Gamecube era to current-generation consoles brought along with it a $10 boost for new retail releases in North America, so another small increase is not out of the realm of possibility, particularly in light of rising development costs.

FIFA 14 for Xbox One and PS4 will run on EA's brand new Ignite engine, which was crafted by the publisher to unify its sports division of games with next-generation animation, physics, and visuals.

Both a Limited Edition and Collector's Edition have been announced for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 versions, although details about their next-gen equivalents remain sparse. FIFA 14 is set to launch on September 29 for current generation consoles and PC, and will appear on both Xbox One and PS4 during their launch windows. 

http://www.latinospost.com/articles/20452/20130531/fifa-14-pricing-xbox-one-ps4-listed-%C2%A390-amazon-sept.htm

Around the Network

Placeholders...

It would actually be pretty insane if they released with a $100 price tag. Publishers would get their ass handed to them

I hope this isn't true. Who would be able to afford a $300-$500 console and spend an extra $100+ for games. Even after that people still wouldn't be able to drop $100 for a game every month.

If next-gen games increase their prices, even by $5, I won't buy any next-gen consoles.

Around the Network

I think retail will be $70 and digital will stay at $60.. if people complain about the second hand initiative this would be the way too stick it up our arse the easy way..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

If the prices of the games increase, even only $10, then the developers, MS and Sony will have many problems to sell consoles and games...
But those prices are definitely placeholders because $100 is TOO high, however $70 could be possible...

They had Wii U games at 100 too. Dunno why people make a big deal about this like they haven't figured out how amazon works yet.

I am sure Sony already stated that PS4 games will range between ~$1-$60.

Yup, here it is:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-23-ps4-games-to-range-from-USD0-99-to-USD60-according-to-jack-tretton

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I really hope not...price increase, DRM for used games and on top of that, the worst macro economic environment gaming has ever seen...that's a pretty nasty combination, and this industry will need all the luck they can get.