By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - In RPG's which gender do you perfer to play as?

mostly a male in first person perspective, third person depends which class and race. when i play a human warrior/knight it will be a male but if it's a rogue/mage it ill be mostly a female character.

Around the Network
KHlover said:
Busted said:
KHlover said:

Play the Mass Effect Trilogy. Renegade female Shepard is about as awesome as a character can get

I played with male Shep's at the time, and now i can't :'( -- i'm going to cry...

D:

Always male, I've never thought about it. I may try a female now because of this thread...Damn it!!

Given that I've only mostly played the best of the best so far (FF1-X), and that the characters are always awesome no matter the sex, I'll say it's cool either way.

In a game like Diablo though I'll typically prefer a male.

Depends on the game.. the main things I look out for is art style, how the characters look in their respected armours/suit for the role and voice acting. If it's in a fantasy setting I usually go by class. Tank, warrior = male. Rogue, mage type = female.

When I play an RPG, I want to feel immersed in them so I generally try to avoid stuff which takes me out of the game.. i.e seeing my MC doing unbelievable feats with a certain body type - like a person with a petite build swinging a massive melee weapon and taking down a colossal enemy. On the other hand, for WRPGS like Mass Effect I would 100% choose male because I prefer the voice acting for male Shepard.

Around the Network

I understand choosing female if you want to stare at her rear end all the time, but when given a choice i choose male because i can identify with the character that way. The jouney feels more personal as i feel like i'm in the shoes of the main character.

sometimes, when i am in good mood and the game has a good character editor i let my girlfriend build a character, and i have to play the game as her character... last time happened in dragons dogma. well, i like that.

it's a way i can think of a story behind the character. not too much just "who is she, and where is she coming from"

the bad thing, i am not allowed to play as the bad one with a character from my girlfriend, lol...

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

Female 90% of the time. I'm addicted to the looks in a RPG or a mmo. I always feel like my gear looks better on a female compared to a male.

If i can chose i chose female 95% of the time, especially if its a rogue/mage type character. We are almost always forced to play as dudebros in every other game so i rather switch it up

female character. I think that because of years of playing with male characters, I now want to play as a female character.