By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One: Quantum Break will ‘push boundaries’ of how we view games and live-action

VG247

Xbox One title Quantum Break has been discussed by Microsoft’s Phil Spencer, who feels Remedy’s shooter will push boundaries in how we perceive games and live-action content. The game will run alongside a TV show, similarly to Defiance.

Speaking with Polygon, Spencer said that together, Microsoft and Remedy are, “trying to push the boundaries of how people think of live action and gaming today.

He added, “The unique capability of Remedy, I think is around storytelling, and television’s always been a great place to tell strong stories. We’ve got this interactive component … where actions in one and viewing in one, impact what people are doing in the other. That’s our creative idea.”

“The team has enough momentum in that space, I thought, so it was a great opportunity to put them on stage and show something. We’ll talk more as the game evolves.”

We just posted the game’s pack-art hereCheck it out.

Thanks OXM.

Around the Network

I'm expecting much of this game!
And 500th post :D

I get a "Fringe" vibe from this game. If they hype it like this it should better be surpassing Fringe, which I don't really see happening.

I can't wait to see this game in action. Remedy has always made some of my favorite games

Reminds me of David Cadge shitty speechs. That's always going to be revolutionnary, but in the end that's just a good game among others

Around the Network

It was definitely the most interesting game they showed, but I'm a little confused as to how they'll blend the show with the game. Hope we get a good explanation or demo or something at E3.

I think gamers respect for Remedy is the only thing keeping this game from being totally dismissed.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
I think gamers respect for Remedy is the only thing keeping this game from being totally dismissed.

I dunno, I was interested before I realised who remedy were. After I found out they made AW I was a little more eager to see more, but I still would of checked it out anyway. 

That said I did check the studios track record for a reason, the game seems pretty ambitious so if was made by nobodies I wouldn't have much faith in it.

sales2099 said:

I think Remedy didn't give us enough for it to be highly hyped. Hype out of nothing is not a thing of Xbox camp. But it looks something I will delve hours into.

sales2099 said:

That's what I think too. Honestly, if they don't knock it out of the park it is just going to be really campy and lame. Live action and gaming is nothing new, I'm not sure where they are going with this game. They should be trying a different approach talking about this thing.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(