By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Got a new fangled TV now my VC games wont work correctly

had a SD Tv that done me well for years and I have about 10 or so Vc games downloaded - couple of weeks ago I boght a Samsung HD Tv and the Wii component cables.  Everything looks fantastic but my older (I think it's just NES and SNES) VC games dont have a title screen anymore, for example:

Galactica - jumps straight into a 2 player game without a title screen, you cant play 1 player game

SMB - same thing but jumps into a 1 player game, you cant play 2 player

SMW - same thing but you cant continue old game anymore

Now my N64 games work (Mario 64, Starfox & Zelda OOT and I dont have any Genesis games to try them), I thought it may be a 4:3 / 16:9 thing but played with all settings on Wii and YV and that didn't help.  Anyone have any similar problems?

Around the Network

It's got nothing to do with your TV--the TV has no input as to what happens with your system, it just displays what it is told to.

When your Galactica game was last working, did you shut it off in the middle of playing a 2P game?

Where you playing 1-player when you quit the last time SMB was working?
Same question about SMW?

When you quit a VC game without hitting the Reset button on the Home menu, your Wii makes a quicksave of all the data from that game so far. Then, when you go to play the game again, it tosses you right back to that point. So, if you were in the middle of a Multiplayer Galactica game, you'll be in the middle of that game when you start the game up again.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Are you sure you are not using one of the save states that the Wii makes if you go back to Wii menu?

Try hitting the home button....then hitting reset.

Your TV wouldn't do anything like that. I have a Samsung Plasma...no problems here.

Well that stinks.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

no, it's not a game save state - thats the first thing I thought of, I set the Wii up in the bedroom (thats where the old TV got moved to) to try this and they all work fine, you pause it, go to main menu, pick one or 2 player and restart... on the LCD TV, you pause it, cant do nothing

I thought it may have a daft kinda configuration method it runs first time it's played and I might try deleting and redownloading them just out of daftness.

SMB also runs at a ridiulous sped up speed, including the music.

Around the Network

I have just got a new Sony HD TV & have had no problems with VC games, sorry I have no idea why that might happen.

I had problems with some VC games to, some will work perfectly like Ninja Gaiden NES, but some Neo-Geo games don't work at all.

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/YUK04.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0"

@Yuk04 do you have component cables plugged in?
If so then some VC games don't work good on it (maybe ME's problem as well)
Do the following:
-Go to a VC games instruction/manual page
-Press at the same time these three buttons: Z + A + 2.
If you heard a sound being played then the wii updated itself correctly and all further games that support 480p (not all do) will run fine.
Hope it helps.
See 'Wii Component Cable problem' for more detail.

Wii code:                                        Mario Kart wii:
6586-0674-1620-6955                        0344-9880-0252
PM me if you added me and I'll add you:)

Self-proclaimed, biggest Resident Evil Fanboy of VGChartz!

Gratz on your new TV Me.

There is a well known problem with some european VC games. These games are made only for 50hz refresh rate, like your old tv had. Your new HD TV works at 60hz refresh rate so thats why your having these problems.

All the new games are made for both 50hz and 60hz so you won't have any problem with them.

There's a ongoing petition ( http://www.petitiononline.com/wii60pal/petition.html ) for all VC games to be made compatible with 60hz TVs.

Nintendo said that they will look into this matter, but it will take some time for a fix to arrive.

Unlucky, hope you get it sorted out.