By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why so surprised about the direction MS is taking XBox?

As far as I remember the reasone behind MS market entry into gaming was that they feared Sony would dominate the multimedia center of the living room. Therefore, the XBox One is the obvious next step in the strategy to prevent that.

So why the surprise?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

I am not surprised. Micro even tried to pull a deal with Sony and their Playstation if I remember correctly. We are just discussing what we are seeing.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Not being surprised doesn't mean you have to like it.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I would have prefered to be surprised. I somwhat feared about multiple screens features, like smartglass improved

It's all entertainment at the end of the day so it's only logical that MS and SONY would provide multimedia devices, why just do one thing when you could so much more, makes perfect business sense also, so no surprise.

Around the Network

The surprise doesn't come from the multimedia/other entertainment aspects of the console but the mandatory use of Kinect and the used games policy.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Because it's the internet and people exaggerate?

I'm not surprised by their desire to dominate the living room, but I am rather surprised by the fact that they think the Xbone is going to dominate anything.

badgenome said:

I'm not surprised by their desire to dominate the living room, but I am rather surprised by the fact that they think the Xbone is going to dominate anything.

ONE

BILLION

SALES

Panama said:

ONE

BILLION

SALES

Drugs is a hell of a drug.