By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo is the only one who has balls

Nintendo saying No to having EA's Origin on the Nintendo network and all that would go with it was a brave move and left EA properly more than upset, balls indeed.

Around the Network

"The Wii U may be weaker than its competitors and hasn't had a game in the last months but games will come and they will be amazing! "

Am I the only that has 28 Wii U games?

Zkuq said:
People aren't talking about Nintendo because people don't care about Nintendo. If they cared, they'd talk about it. They care about Sony, thus they speak about Sony.

i must say denying games support for buyers of your cosole really does seem ballsy indeed

I'm glad Nintendo hasn't gone down that path. I hope Sony follows suit.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network
Troll_Whisperer said:
I'm glad Nintendo hasn't gone down that path. I hope Sony follows suit.

It's wait and see but I hope so too. 

I give Nintendo mad props. With MS now it is obvious what went on with Nintendo and EA. There are other things I disagree on with Nintendo but if only the hold to consumer rights, they are the option.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

AbbathTheGrim said:
hivycox said:

the latest rumours say that Sony had also plans for DRM but hold them because of the reactions after the XBone reveal! They might or might not be giving it to that but thats not the matter right now!

it is no wonder why EA dropped the online pass system. The XBone will have DRM and such don't require these online passes. The question is:

Have EA done this decision only for 1 console? I think NOT!

Without Sony on the DRM train, EA wouldn't have abandoned online passes. Its easy to let Nintendo in the dust because they won't get as much third party support as the other consoles devs.

the point is: with Sony holding their plans for DRM, EA is rethinking their strategy thus admit after the XBOne reveal that they would work at Nintendo titles. It is up to Sony and their decision.

That is complete bullshit what is going on! I'm disgusted with this industry right now! I'm more disgusted by many people here in this very forum who praise Sony to the death and give Nintendo zero shits. Nintendo was in my eyes the ONLY company who don't give in to EA mad game by not letting them put origin on their system. That would have made DRM on the Wii U available and EA would make more games for the Wii U.

NIntendo is the only ones who has the balls to do that! Everybody who praise Sony should or rather must praise NIntendo AT LEAST equally. Things people criticise about other console are a naturalness for Nintendo: Backwards compatibility, support of last gens controller, no not supporting used games! no paying extra for play used games! no mandatory installation of games. The Wii U may be weaker than its competitors and hasn't had a game in the last months but games will come and they will be amazing! 

people should learn not to support these stupid decisions made by greedy companies and not to buy them in order to let them know that they can't bullshit us! For the sakemof all of us I hope that Sony won't give in to DRM....Its just not worth it!

...and its a shame Nintendo don't get the proper credits they deserve! 

I'm out...peace!

Balls to U

Too many assumptions here:

Not pleasing third parties equals having courage.

Not considering that in the end Nintendo could adopt it.

Not considering that Sony could not implement it. The info of whether Sony has had the intention of implementing it is dubious we need to wait and see like we (or at least I) did for the Xbone.

Not considering that Micro and Sony could implement it for their own interest.

Micro did it all for EA.

EA dropped the DRM after seeing what Micro with by their own initiative were doing with the always online (every 24 hours) and used games restrictions. You can't dismiss this possibility.

EA just dropping DRM because of the backlash they've gotten for it, Micro's decision may not have been a factor to EA dropping DRM.

Nintendo not giving way to Origins as some sort of heroic take on gaming when they simply and most likely didn't want EA to have a big piece of the online cake. Just like how they didn't want Sony when they tried to make business with them to provide the CD format for their next console after Super Nintendo. I know you guys want to see Nintendo as the paladin's of gaming or something like that but gaming is for a great part a business.

That Nintendo has some special balls. Even if you think they have balls for this you posted, they would only have balls for certain things which makes the whole point just a particular discussion. For example, does Nintendo has the balls to go into this holiday and bundle WiiU with a Mature title like ZombieU? Like both Micro and Sony have done in previous years with their bundles?

I never stated what I mention was fact or not! It is all opinion based. But it is the most likely case in my op.

As me you are doing assumptions too. It could very well be that Nintendo knew all this is going to happen when EA ask them to put Origin on their platform!

I know that gaming is a business but then again I'm seeing Nintendo as the most loyal to gamers now. They could easily go the Microsoft tour and make more money off of it but decided not to. Gladly I don't know what was the motivation behind this decision but maybe Nintendo learnt from the past that being greedy isn't always great.

And to the bundles: Why would Nintendo bundle the Wii U with a mature game? They have so much more to offer. Why should they bundle it with less appealing software when they can go with the face of gaming that is Mario? And as a sidenote: You know that the Wii U was bundled with ZombiU ;)

cannonballZ said:
"The Wii U may be weaker than its competitors and hasn't had a game in the last months but games will come and they will be amazing! "

Am I the only that has 28 Wii U games?

Yeah I know. I have lots of games too on my Wii U but my point here was they didn't got many AAA titles out lately ;) Thats hopefully going to change soon.

hivycox said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
hivycox said:

the latest rumours say that Sony had also plans for DRM but hold them because of the reactions after the XBone reveal! They might or might not be giving it to that but thats not the matter right now!

it is no wonder why EA dropped the online pass system. The XBone will have DRM and such don't require these online passes. The question is:

Have EA done this decision only for 1 console? I think NOT!

Without Sony on the DRM train, EA wouldn't have abandoned online passes. Its easy to let Nintendo in the dust because they won't get as much third party support as the other consoles devs.

the point is: with Sony holding their plans for DRM, EA is rethinking their strategy thus admit after the XBOne reveal that they would work at Nintendo titles. It is up to Sony and their decision.

That is complete bullshit what is going on! I'm disgusted with this industry right now! I'm more disgusted by many people here in this very forum who praise Sony to the death and give Nintendo zero shits. Nintendo was in my eyes the ONLY company who don't give in to EA mad game by not letting them put origin on their system. That would have made DRM on the Wii U available and EA would make more games for the Wii U.

NIntendo is the only ones who has the balls to do that! Everybody who praise Sony should or rather must praise NIntendo AT LEAST equally. Things people criticise about other console are a naturalness for Nintendo: Backwards compatibility, support of last gens controller, no not supporting used games! no paying extra for play used games! no mandatory installation of games. The Wii U may be weaker than its competitors and hasn't had a game in the last months but games will come and they will be amazing! 

people should learn not to support these stupid decisions made by greedy companies and not to buy them in order to let them know that they can't bullshit us! For the sakemof all of us I hope that Sony won't give in to DRM....Its just not worth it!

...and its a shame Nintendo don't get the proper credits they deserve! 

I'm out...peace!

Balls to U

Too many assumptions here:

Not pleasing third parties equals having courage.

Not considering that in the end Nintendo could adopt it.

Not considering that Sony could not implement it. The info of whether Sony has had the intention of implementing it is dubious we need to wait and see like we (or at least I) did for the Xbone.

Not considering that Micro and Sony could implement it for their own interest.

Micro did it all for EA.

EA dropped the DRM after seeing what Micro with by their own initiative were doing with the always online (every 24 hours) and used games restrictions. You can't dismiss this possibility.

EA just dropping DRM because of the backlash they've gotten for it, Micro's decision may not have been a factor to EA dropping DRM.

Nintendo not giving way to Origins as some sort of heroic take on gaming when they simply and most likely didn't want EA to have a big piece of the online cake. Just like how they didn't want Sony when they tried to make business with them to provide the CD format for their next console after Super Nintendo. I know you guys want to see Nintendo as the paladin's of gaming or something like that but gaming is for a great part a business.

That Nintendo has some special balls. Even if you think they have balls for this you posted, they would only have balls for certain things which makes the whole point just a particular discussion. For example, does Nintendo has the balls to go into this holiday and bundle WiiU with a Mature title like ZombieU? Like both Micro and Sony have done in previous years with their bundles?

I never stated what I mention was fact or not! It is all opinion based. But it is the most likely case in my op.

As me you are doing assumptions too. It could very well be that Nintendo knew all this is going to happen when EA ask them to put Origin on their platform!

I know that gaming is a business but then again I'm seeing Nintendo as the most loyal to gamers now. They could easily go the Microsoft tour and make more money off of it but decided not to. Gladly I don't know what was the motivation behind this decision but maybe Nintendo learnt from the past that being greedy isn't always great.

And to the bundles: Why would Nintendo bundle the Wii U with a mature game? They have so much more to offer. Why should they bundle it with less appealing software when they can go with the face of gaming that is Mario? And as a sidenote: You know that the Wii U was bundled with ZombiU ;)

If you agree that this is all speculation then there is nothing to do here. You will make out of this thread whatever you can possibly do.

About the Zombie U bundle, I looked it up and you are right. That is what I call a major fuck up from my part.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1