By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Chrono Trigger. I've been dying for a remake since I've first played it (and the one for the PS1 doesn't count, although I did play and beat that one too). It's a shame Square shut down that fan project a while ago though. It was looking very promising. Perhaps it was a sign that Square is interested in revisiting the world? All I know is that I don't want another Chrono Cross (stopped half way through, it was too lame). I can't wait for it to come to the Virtual Console!

Around the Network

Its hard for me to narrow down a single favorite RPG. Most you all have listed some of my favs. So I will try and list the ones that were missed. Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Baten Kaitos Origins Suikoden V You guys pretty much hit on everything else.

Darc Requiem said:
Its hard for me to narrow down a single favorite RPG. Most you all have listed some of my favs. So I will try and list the ones that were missed. Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Baten Kaitos Origins Suikoden V You guys pretty much hit on everything else.

Thats why I choose radiata, I kinda guessed my other faves would be covered.

To add to this let me recommend steambot chronicles made by atlus. A very different type of rpg that I feel in love with. I would be very happy if a sequel was announced.

http://www.atlus.com/sc/

What gets me about this game and radiata stories is that they made me realize that i could love most genre's if done right. I am not a big fan of western style sandbox games/rpg's. Normally I find their stories to be very generic (they have to be , normally because of the freedom you are given) and somewhat weak. These games put an eastern flair on that concept (somewhat of a mix between sandbox and linear elements) that if I were to try to explain it to you it would seem like a mess but when you play these gamesthey just seem to work out perfectly.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Omgwtfbbq, Fire Emblem is a STRATEGY RPG, it works differently than a typical jrpg, which Grandia II is.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Tales of Symphonia loved the combo heavy battle system Golden Sun Fire Emblem all Final Fantasy TA

Around the Network

OK, has anyone ever played, or even heard of Vagrant Story?

I know it was a sleeper hit, but I can't be the only one on this forum that has played that game (and thought it was the best RPG since sliced bread)! 

I played it but situations forced me to put it down before I could become adjusted. I'll probably try it again one of these days.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Kingdom Hearts 2 By FAR

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

KOTOR, because it actually deserves the name "Star Wars". It is gamings response to episode 4,5,6.

Also greatest story I've ever played through, great atmosphere and music, great characters. Only minus is Taris which was pretty slow at the beginning.

Final Fantasy XII, because it still has me completely consumed by it 70 hours in, even with a PS3

add me