By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Numbers: 1/21 - 1/27

Updated original post with more software and the hardware numbers.

Around the Network

when will wiifit fall from #1?

.. I guess it will be next week unless Nintendo can sell a couple hundred thousand WiiFits this week

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

next week 1 Smash bros 2 Wiifit = "Nintendo doesn't print money.It is to inefficiecnt.They have magicians to do that sort of thing."

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

^that really would be a kick in the teeth for sony... DMC debuts below WiiFit... it is very possible...

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Guys did anyone notice how amazingly close the psp is to the DS?

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Around the Network

Good hardware and software sales for the PSP. Has not much come out in Japan for the PS3 lately? I think this is like 3 weeks of COD4 as the best seller.

ConsoleMedia Create
Famitsu
Difference (%) 
DSL
 -5%
PSP
 -22%
Wii
 +6%
PS3
 -15%
PS2
 ---
X360
 ---

Interesting differences. PSP and PS3 seem to have the biggest difference between the two. 

Hell even the Wii is close to the DS. All 3 of those are right in striking distance of one another. Until this week when Brawl will push the Wii into #1. Wii passed 5m this week in Japan and the PSP passed 8m this week in Japan. Quite amazing.

And three cheers for RE:UC holding on. Its going to top 300k in Japan alone by March! AMAZING!

Inside you need different reference points to compare with the original. Several of these types exist in static frames that are only differentiated by a user name.

Hmm, I think I started something.....

@ Soriku

Idk if MH3 will explode. Both PSP versions have vastly outsold their ps2 counterparts. I think 1 mil should be easy.

And yes to the person who asked about ps3 new releases. Juiced 2 is the first game the ps3 has gotten since Dec. 27.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.