By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game Critics: Game of the Year Winners Announced

I don't know what you guys are talking about I enjoy Rock Band much more than Galaxy.

Around the Network

Rock Band surprises me... but I can live with the rest. As more of a PC gamer I'd probably have nudged Orange Box to no 1 just because of Portal. I thought that game was the best thing all year, just so inovative and the song over the closing credits... entire games are less fun than listening to that song.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I like rockband better than mario. Is that weird?

obviously, some of the people complaining havent played the game...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Was this the list of the top shooters of the year? Oh , Mario and Rock Band are in there. LOL.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

Was this the list of the top shooters of the year? Oh , Mario and Rock Band are in there. LOL.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

terrible list. I mean, Galaxy (SECOND HIGHEST RATED GAME EVER) is ranked that behind??? plz.....
*staring in disbelief*

Guys, this is a list of all lists. It uses over 20 reviewers and uses their votes as the list.

The rational complaint you could have is AC at #9.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Guys, this is a list of all lists. It uses over 20 reviewers and uses their votes as the list.

The rational complaint you could have is AC at #9.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Bioshock shouldn't have won IMO and I loved Orange Box but come on it was pretty much been there done that throughout. Rockband - this is so not my type of game but it's a new game and I can respect it's success.

COD4 and Halo3 - great multiplayer games (especially COD4) but I completed the single player campignes in around 12 hours or so and for me that isn't game of the year material (and the last few levels of Halo3 just felt tacked on for me).

Assasins Creed = average game that got very repetitive so this is an example of style over substance in these awards and it really is a shame to see the original gameplay or brand new ip's like SMG and Uncharted to be beaten down due to old stereotypical no brainer votes IMO.

I really do think though this will be a last for shooters dominating game of the year because I just feel in 08 Wii and Playstation are gonna bring back a lot of diversity in their line ups and the shooters have only got so massive due to 360's one year start.

But hey what do I know