By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Using kinect 2 as DRM

Tagged games:

Enjoy : http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/the-extent-of-kinect-2-s-visual-drm-is-beginning-to-emerge/0116138

" Says the filing: “The users consuming the content on a display device are monitored so that if the number of user-views licensed is exceeded, remedial action may be taken.” "

Around the Network

"UPDATE: To address the question of the age of the patent. Yes, the patent is old. But we have been told by UK industry sources within the last month that this system will be implemented on Xbox One."

easy: we buy a mannequin (put clothes on and so on) who will sit in the living room, so kinect thinks one person watches. but instead, the eyes of the mannequin are cameras, so 15 people can sit in the kitchen or somewhere else and kinect is foooled and we pirated AGAIN! HAHA! there is no way we can't fool this :D

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

Gehirnkrampf said:
easy: we buy a mannequin (put clothes on and so on) who will sit in the living room, so kinect thinks one person watches. but instead, the eyes of the mannequin are cameras, so 15 people can sit in the kitchen or somewhere else and kinect is foooled and we pirated AGAIN! HAHA! there is no way we can't fool this :D

Using a picture is cheaper

RenCutypoison said:
Gehirnkrampf said:

Using a picture is cheaper

no, the kinect uses infrared to gather 3d information. oh, i also forgot the kinect is also aware to read ones heartbeat.

NO PROBLEM!!! we duct tape the cat on the mannequin!

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
"UPDATE: To address the question of the age of the patent. Yes, the patent is old. But we have been told by UK industry sources within the last month that this system will be implemented on Xbox One."

UPDATE 2: Microsoft has now issued MCV with the following comment: "Microsoft regularly applies for and receives patents as part of its business practice; not all patents applied for or received will be incorporated into a Microsoft product.

:/

This provides a new opportunity for EA. "The Battlefield experience is valid for one person. If you want a second person to watch than please purchase this option through the market for only 10$. If you want the second person to enjoy the game as well by playing you can get the split-screen option for the crazy price of 20$."

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

D-Joe said:
walsufnir said:

UPDATE 2: Microsoft has now issued MCV with the following comment: "Microsoft regularly applies for and receives patents as part of its business practice; not all patents applied for or received will be incorporated into a Microsoft product.

reminds me of the used-game-locking-patent from sony.

walsufnir said:
D-Joe said:
walsufnir said:

reminds me of the used-game-locking-patent from sony.

Except it's software, wich means they could add this with a patch at any moment. They probably won't, but well, it sounds crazy