By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS. Total Screw up........ Or

master stroke?

I know I have been bitterly disappointed on a personal level with the MS reveal but I then got to wondering is this a screw up or not?

The internet is buzzing with the negatives yet they have said 1 billion has gone in to games for 1.

Are they playing the hype machine to its full extent to prolong the media coverage or was this launch just a damp squib?

I personally am disappointed but a bit of me says MS are not stupid so any thoughts?

Around the Network

I think MS underestimated the impatience gamers have.. They looked at Square Enix and thought.. Hey look at them.. They get away with years and years of not showing stuff after the announcement.. MS thought they could ride out those 3 weeks to E3... They were wrong.. :(

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I still can't get over what an awful name it is... Even if they do show the games at E3, which I will remain sceptical about, I am still going to be annoyed at them for that awful press conference. There is not much excitement over what comes next, more aprehension

NiKKoM said:
I think MS underestimated the impatience gamers have.. They looked at Square Enix and thought.. Hey look at them.. They get away with years and years of not showing stuff after the announcement.. MS thought they could ride out those 3 weeks to E3... They were wrong.. :(

Fair point but I disagree withh your point tbh.

I just do not think MS are that stupid and if I am wrong they deserve to  tgo down. imho.

Unless they have THE biggest E3 ever, they will lose the majority of gamers trust.

And I mean this E3 needs to be BIG, I'm talking Final Fantasy Versus XIII exclusive level of big. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
I still can't get over what an awful name it is... Even if they do show the games at E3, which I will remain sceptical about, I am still going to be annoyed at them for that awful press conference. There is not much excitement over what comes next, more aprehension

Yeah Munkeh111 name is terrible if the truth be known. :)

reask said:
NiKKoM said:

Fair point but I disagree withh your point tbh.

I just do not think MS are that stupid and if I am wrong they deserve to  tgo down. imho.

1 billion gone in to games btw.

osed125 said:

Unless they have THE biggest E3 ever, they will lose the majority of gamers trust.

And I mean this E3 needs to be BIG, I'm talking Final Fantasy Versus XIII exclusive level of big. 

They'll need A LOT more than that.

Ill go ahead and call it a brilliant move.

They sure as hell have everyone talking about what they DIDNT talk about, almost as much as about what they did. This reveal has stirred the rumor pot more than any other reveal I can remember.

I have seen more interpretations of what they meant by saying X, or not saying Y, than went on with the other 2 system reveals. Man oh Man, MS will either completely explode or implode from it, Im just not sure which one.

Ssenkahdavic said:
Ill go ahead and call it a brilliant move.

They sure as hell have everyone talking about what they DIDNT talk about, almost as much as about what they did. This reveal has stirred the rumor pot more than any other reveal I can remember.

I have seen more interpretations of what they meant by saying X, or not saying Y, than went on with the other 2 system reveals. Man oh Man, MS will either completely explode or implode from it, Im just not sure which one.

My thoughts exactly.