Forums - Politics Discussion - WHEN DID WE VOTE TO BECOME MEXICO? By, Ann Coulter

I've always wondered how such a libertarian policy (open borders) could become such a rallying cry for the left. I guess letting businesses undercut labor with access to a large pool of people willing to work for peanuts* is fine as long as you get easy votes.

*Peanuts subsidized by federal welfare payed for by the taxes of citizens

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network

Poorly written Mein Kampf style article.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

badgenome said:
SPORTS

Exactly. America should get rid of sports and TV so people start fucking each other again, that way this wouldn't happen :P

leatherhat said:
I've always wondered how such a libertarian policy (open borders) could become such a rallying cry for the left. I guess letting businesses undercut labor with access to a large pool of people willing to work for peanuts* is fine as long as you get easy votes.

Eh, Libretarians are somewhat split on immigration.

The most influential American Libretarians were for a Negative Income Tax.  Which is a form of Welfare. 

Although I disagree with the wide majority of her article, espeically perserving "whiteness"....

It is true that you can't have an effective Welfare system and Open Borders.

As people will just crowd the countries with the best benefits.

the2real4mafol said:
Why do some Americans hate the Mexicans or any Hispanics so much? It's like you have to speak English to be American, despite the huge ethnic melting pot which is what makes America

People hate what they are afraid of. Same thing happened when there was a huge influx of Irish coming to America in the Late 1800's- early 1900's.

It will always happen.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
leatherhat said:

Eh, Libretarians are somewhat split on immigration.

The most influential American Libretarians were for a Negative Income Tax.  Which is a form of Welfare. 

Although I disagree with the wide majority of her article, espeically perserving "whiteness"....

It is true that you can't have an effective Welfare system and Open Borders.

As people will just crowd the countries with the best benefits.

American libertarians are split on immigration because few people are idealogically pure, but at its core open borders and free movement of labor is a libertarian position.

Time for hype

Ann Coulter is always exaggerating to get attention and sell more books. She know her followers feel that they are the "true" Americans and are somehow being destroyed. That is why she goes into this "we should get more white immigrants", just to pander to her xenophobic followers that see that whites are becoming a minority.

But in any case, I agree that an immigration system should be fair for every nationality. The problem is that people from wealthy countries are not interested in coming to the U.S. Most people that want to immigrate are people from poor countries looking for a better life. That is the reality. Prior European migrants were also poor and unskilled, they came here to obtain a better life. Although according to Coulter somehow they were "better" since they came to the U.S. before welfare was instituted.

"¿Por qué justo a mí tenía que tocarme ser yo?"

venepe said:
Ann Coulter is always exaggerating to get attention and sell more books. She know her followers feel that they are the "true" Americans and are somehow being destroyed. That is why she goes into this "we should get more white immigrants", just to pander to her xenophobic followers that see that whites are becoming a minority.

But in any case, I agree that an immigration system should be fair for every nationality. The problem is that people from wealthy countries are not interested in coming to the U.S. Most people that want to immigrate are people from poor countries looking for a better life. That is the reality. Prior European migrants were also poor and unskilled, they came here to obtain a better life. Although according to Coulter somehow they were "better" since they came to the U.S. before welfare was instituted.

Not compared to their American counterparts, where as now the gap between immigrant and native is enormous. Plus European immigration happened during the height of the industrial revolution where unskilled labor was desperately needed. Now immigrants come over and have no real options other than retail/fast food/house keeping which takes a lot of jobs from black Americans who have been struggling even without the burden of competing with immigrants.

Time for hype

Social welfare is bad.
Corporate welfare is good.

Good sense and spirit of a nation.

Kasz216 said:
the2real4mafol said:
Why do some Americans hate the Mexicans or any Hispanics so much? It's like you have to speak English to be American, despite the huge ethnic melting pot which is what makes America

Well yeah... everyone should have to speak English to be American.  Having a nation without one common universal language is insane.

Imagine you are an Emergency worker trying to get people to evacuate and  4 speak English, 3 of them speak only spanish, 2 speak portuges, 3 aramaic and 4 more Bantu.

Or just in general the costs of translating EVERYTHING into dozens of different languages.

One thing generally missed as well, is that illegal aliens are counted in the official census numbers... so our legal immigration numbers shrink.  Poorer people from Africa and Asia essentially get screwed just because they don't live right next to a rich country.

Yeah but Americans don't even speak the native language anyway. The native way of things was destroyed from this back when you the USA gained independence. So who you find are "aliens" is funny, as the english speaking Americans are "aliens" anyway at least if you are a true native from before when the Europeans came over, 400 years ago.

But back to the point, who even decided English to be the official language? Historically, only the 13 eastern states which the USA formed on in 1776 spoke English, the rest wasn't even related but was taken anyway within time. Spanish, French, Russians and small enclaves of Dutch are just some of the language found out there. Having, one language does make things easier but you shouldn't just force people to speak it, especially when the USA is really a multi-language country.

Also, i find it very bigoted to call immigrants "aliens", they are people you know! I mean you say language is the issue, but from what i hear from American media at times, race is the problem here. It's like traits of the KKK and issues from how the black community used to be treated still exist in some kind of way in today's American extremist conservatives.

As i said before America is a melting pot of ethnicities, surely that is a good thing.

And you never answered my original question, why do Americans hate Mexicans so much? 

But obviously limiting immigration a little makes sense but people shouldn't target certain ethnic groups, that's all

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018