By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is anyone not offended by X1used game block?

Are you likely to be affected by used games ban and activation requirements?

Yes, I buy used games all the time. 23 32.39%

Yes, I burrow a lot of games. 10 14.08%

Yes, my internet connection is shit. 2 2.82%

Nope... 18 25.35%

No, but I still can't be... 18 25.35%

Total:71

I'm a PC gamer, but I also play on consoles and I did bought A LOT of Wii games used (in fact half of my Wii library are used games). So yeah this idea is ridiculous and I don't see how anyone can defend this. You may not buy used games, but A LOT of people do.

If this restrictions are in fact true, most gamers aren't going to buy the Xbone, thus the console becoming a HUGE failure (at best GC and original xbox level of sales). 

I mentioned this before, but if this console ends up being a success, it will not be because of games, it will be because people bought it to watch TV. 

So far, this is just a glorified cable box, and will only appeal to non-gamer Americans, nothing more, nothing less.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:
binary solo said:
I don't care about it on Xbone as I won't be buying one. But I do care if it has a flow on effect to PS4 because I don;t want that shit. I ticked the I borrow games all the time. esp between me and my nephew.

Yes because the fact that it is the choice of the publishers (basicaly that it will be the same on PS4), is directly because of the Xbox One...
Are you serious?

Its universality on Xbone is directly the reason it will be uni versal on PS4. Up until the Xbone reveal it was likely that it would not be a universal feature on PS4.

The Xbone used game install fee has a direct bearing on how things will play out on PS4.

So yes, I am serious. I'm intrigued to know what you think would be the picture with used games if Xbone had not implemented a universal used (and rented and shared) game install fee.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

My only problem is the used game portion. I rent games a lot and don't have money to be spending on every single game that I want to try out.

My only issue is the used games thing but i unfortunately I can see the entire industry going down this route, cause we know how much publishers love the used games market :)

The restrictions on used games (NOT an outright block, otherwise Gamestop would not be publicly praising the Xbox One for its ability to play used games) are not an issue for me, as almost never buy used games (and I rarely rent or borrow games, either).

What's really important in this whole discussion is how Microsoft's plans differ from Sony's. Sony is currently benefiting from Microsoft's inability to articulate their positions correctly, but sooner or later Sony is going to have to expand on their own plans for used games; they are getting a pass from a lot of gamers right now because they simply have refused to say much of anything on the matter; they have indicated that publishers will have some say in the matter, but have refused to go into any further detail. If Sony winds up taking a similar route to that of Microsoft, all this talk about the PS4 running away with the next gen over the issue of used games and/or DRM is going to wind up looking awfully premature.

Around the Network

I sometimes buy used, I more often trade new games back in to finance the next game.
I also lend out games to friends, sometimes give them away after I'm done with it.
Plus what better to do then play a game when the cable (and thus internet) goes out. It doesn't happen often anymore but I did unplug my 360 from the internet. It's so much nicer and faster now to start games.

So yes, will effect me big time.

I exchange games with my cousins/friends all the time. So yes, this will be a big problem for me.