By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - British Soldier beheaded in London.

Soleron said:
the2real4mafol said:
foodfather said:

Only one word can save the Uk from radical islam. 

UKIP

They will just make it worse, just look at how Nigel Farage got treated in Edinburgh the other day. It's called UKIP, but it's really a party for old english conservatives

~http://www.scotsman.com/news/uk/nigel-farage-edinburgh-protesters-fascist-scum-1-2934516

OK, but

- They're not racist (but they probably have some racist members)
- They picked up enough votes to decide the next election in favour of Labour, i.e. they are politically relevant
- Unlike other political parties they'd probably do exactly what they claim to do if they entered power: leave Europe and restrict immigration

Not that that will solve the tension.

They are politically relevant in England (the south for that matter), but not Scotland or elsewhere in the UK

If anything they will split the conservative vote which i think is a great thing

But also, why don't they make there other policies well known? They focus so much on the EU and immigration, like they have no solution for the economy, environment, foreign policy, welfare state or anything else. They focus on the EU so much in particular, they seem like a single issue pressure group rather than an actual political party. Even though i know they are a political party. 

Also, they haven't picked up any votes, we have seen only polls so far but they will do well in 2015. Whether they get any seats is another thing (i don't like UKIP but stupid fptp)

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network
the2real4mafol said:

They are politically relevant in England (the south for that matter), but not Scotland or elsewhere in the UK

If anything they will split the conservative vote which i think is a great thing

But also, why don't they make there other policies well known? They focus so much on the EU and immigration, like they have no solution for the economy, environment, foreign policy, welfare state or anything else. They focus on the EU so much in particular, they seem like a single issue pressure group rather than an actual political party. Even though i know they are a political party. 

Also, they haven't picked up any votes, we have seen only polls so far but they will do well in 2015. Whether they get any seats is another thing (i don't like UKIP but stupid fptp)

You don't consider the council elections or the two recent by-elections as "any votes"? (Coming second in both, in one case being very very close to having an MP) Sure, they won't get 25% but they will get 15% and cause a Labour goverrnment I'm pretty sure.

They transitioned from a single-issue party to a protest party. Anyone on the right unhappy with any CON policy, or who just don't like the Government, will vote for them. By having no policies, they can offend no one. Any policy is divisive remember, you lose half your voters for each one.

Let's be honest, Scottish/Welsh/NI politics are dominated by who's in Westminster and therefore by English politics. They don't have much control over their own taxation, defence, foreign policy or economy which are the only real sources of power.

Soleron said:
You don't consider the council elections or the two recent by-elections as "any votes"? (Coming second in both, in one case being very very close to having an MP) Sure, they won't get 25% but they will get 15% and cause a Labour goverrnment I'm pretty sure.

They transitioned from a single-issue party to a protest party. Anyone on the right unhappy with any CON policy, or who just don't like the Government, will vote for them. By having no policies, they can offend no one. Any policy is divisive remember, you lose half your voters for each one.

Let's be honest, Scottish/Welsh/NI politics are dominated by who's in Westminster and therefore by English politics. They don't have much control over their own taxation, defence, foreign policy or economy which are the only real sources of power.

But they were only by-elections. I want to see how they perform in a general election where turnout won't be so poor. Either way they will smash the Lib Dems and deservedly so. I just wish the Green party or Respect were big enough to make an alternative to Labour. But i can understand why people protest vote UKIP. But how can people say UKIP is so great if these people don't really know what they stand for? 

Also, i think Wales is only really dominated by Westminister now. Since Scottish and Northern Irish devolution, Westminister is not as dominant in those regions i think. And Scotland could of been devolved more power if David Cameron yet them have devo-max (all power of a nation state except military). Scots seem too split on actual independence.  

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

UGH.

Damn.

So much bloodshed in this world. We have Western nations making artificial wars and killing indiscriminately (but we hear mostly nothing of this or care when we do) and we have people from those nations killing indiscriminately in our home towns and of course this is labelled "terrorism" and then focus on religion.

pathetic.

If you need proof... Google the wedding that was bombed by a drone in Afghanistan killing scores of innocent (women and children) on the same day as the Boston marathon attack. This happens all the time in these areas were Western powers have their military. Yet, why were we not calling ourselves terrorists? or slamming the likely major religion of those controlling the drone?

Of course it all comes done to too many innocent people being murdered. I pray to Allah for this soldiers family and friends. I already know Allah will judge harshly those who murder, regardless of what flag they fly or the tools they use to kill.

UnitSmiley said:
That made me really sad to read. It's absolutely crazy what these radical religious people will do. Question..is this strictly a muslim thing? I don't hear about buddists or christians commiting acts of murder in recent times.

Well, not to speak for them, but I think they feel the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are Christian wars against Muslims.  Unfortunately, some Christians in the USA say that is exactly what it is - and want to kill all Muslims.

Pretty much any fundamentalism religion has is bad people.  I think what they did is murder, an no excuse makes it acceptable.  I feel for that unfortunate guy and his friends, family, and loved ones.

Except as you said The Buddhist, and I would add the Quakers.  Correct me if I am wrong, but I have never heard either group attacking people.  Quakers would let people slaughter them because they so strongly belive in non violence.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
the2real4mafol said:

AFAIK most UKIP voters have historically voted Labour instead of the Tories though -  native british of the working class.

they certainly had stepped over the edge,couldn't believe the guy was apologising to a passers by mobile that women had to see it with red blood hands and a cleaver,calm as you like waiting to die,they got shot but not killed

they did have a gun but joe public didn't really know what was going on at first obviously

Above & Beyond

haxxiy said:
the2real4mafol said:

AFAIK most UKIP voters have historically voted Labour instead of the Tories though -  native british of the working class.

I don't know about that, those by-elections they were second in, Labour still got about half of the vote while conservatives got barely 10 to 15%. Fib Dems also lost massively. If UKIP took votes from Labour, why is Labour's votes increasing and why do the conservatives feel pressured on the issue of Eu membership? Something that may possibly split the party

~http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Shields_by-election,_2013