By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - RARE is bringing on of their old games on XboxOne, speculate!

http://kotaku.com/microsoft-tells-polygon-that-the-great-dev-studio-rare-509188656

Around the Network

Killer Instinct! Let it be Killer Instinct.

Signature goes here!

Oh boy, Killer instinct filled with, DLC, and Kinect. Thank you based Microsoft for not ruining these franchises.

Dr.JimmyRustles said:
Oh boy, Killer instinct filled with, DLC, and Kinect. Thank you based Microsoft for not ruining these franchises.

I guess Nintendo ruined Mario by releasing DLC for NSMBU as well, eh? Or implimenting the Wii remote into DKCR?

Ugh no KI! I want Banjo, or Conker.

Around the Network

Well at least 1 good news finally came out. I however don't trust Rare anymore, most of their team that was during the N64 era already left the company. So yeah the name of the game will make me happy, but until I see reviews and hands on I will doubt the quality of the game.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Obviously Banjo. And obviously it will have no where near the charm or quality of the N64 games. Obviously it will flop financialy and criticaly and obviously we will never hear again of Banjo during the rest of the entire XboxOne lifecycle.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

TruckOSaurus said:
Killer Instinct! Let it be Killer Instinct.

I really don't get why anyone would want Killer Instinct NOW, on Xbox. It wouldn't be the same, and I seriously doubt it would even be any good. As the last decade has shown, Rare is NOT the same beast. There was a mass-exodus of talent that left when they were sold to MS, and that included pretty much ALL the main talent that made DKC, Banjo-Kazooie, Goldeneye/Perfect Dark, Killer Instinct, etc.

So whatever they made now (though I am still not entirely convince that Nintendo doesn't STILL own part of the franchise rights for KI, considering they hired Rare to make them a fighting franchise, and they published it), would be watered down, vastly different, and likely garbage.

Trunkin said:
Dr.JimmyRustles said:

I guess Nintendo ruined Mario by releasing DLC for NSMBU as well, eh? Or implimenting the Wii remote into DKCR?

You know what I'm gonna get banned for this but fuck it.

Luigi U is a game with Luigis new physics and all 80 levels are changed.

DKCR shake the controller once to roll

Kill instinct buy Ochids boob flash finisher for 5.00, pre order at Gamestop and get Fulgor. Whats that want to buy it used LOLFUK U 60.00 dorra, want to use a controller lol fuk u again use Kinect. Yes exactly the same. Now you're gonna reply with a strawman in my case I will give zero fucks and not reply.

Dr.JimmyRustles said:
Trunkin said:
Dr.JimmyRustles said:

You know what I'm gonna get banned for this but fuck it.

Luigi U is a game with Luigis new physics and all 80 levels are changed.

DKCR shake the controller once to roll

Kill instinct buy Ochids boob flash finisher for 5.00, pre order at Gamestop and get Fulgor. Whats that want to buy it used LOLFUK U 60.00 dorra, want to use a controller lol fuk u again use Kinect. Yes exactly the same. Now you're gonna reply with a strawman in my case I will give zero fucks and not reply.

Pre-order incentives don't exactly detract from the gaming experiece, and M$ isn't exactly known for releasing utterly worthless DLC. Besides that, XBOne comes with it's own controller. Is it really such a huge leap of logic to assume that some games will actually use it?