By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - oh noes@!!!!! kutaragi to nintendo?

http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/784/784665p1.html

In separate, but semi-related news, rumors began to circulate late last week that Nintendo was interested in hiring former Sony head Ken Kutaragi, who, having fathered the PlayStation and its predecessors, is leaving the company. But speaking with the Japanese press, Nintendo's president said that such rumors were unfounded.

whilst nintendo says its unfounded just the very idea that THAT madman could be working at nintendo sends a shiver down my spine...... 

Around the Network

Madman ?

Whatever his future is, he deserve being seen as one of the great man of this industry ...

jstam said:

In separate, but semi-related news, rumors began to circulate late last week that Nintendo was interested in hiring former Sony head Ken Kutaragi, who, having fathered the PlayStation and its predecessors, is leaving the company. But speaking with the Japanese press, Nintendo's president said that such rumors were unfounded.

whilst nintendo says its unfounded just the very idea that THAT madman could be working at nintendo sends a shiver down my spine......

It is already denied by Iwata, saying something like, 'i don't see this happening'

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

oli2 has ken been round to your house and cooked you some whale meat on his ps3 for you? you sound like you've been hanging around him a bit too long....

Neos nick: 'PS3 will sell over 200 million, Sony has people working for them instead of monkeys like Nintendo and Microsoft.' - Wiisucks 2007 ©

Do you really think this is gonna happen?!... The only thing i can do is LAUGH IN YOUR FACE...

Back on-topic: Katuragi is still involved in some Sony projects and closely involved with the planning of PS4.

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network
Neos said:
jstam said:

It is already denied by Iwata, saying something like, 'i don't see this happening'

yes i do recall posting that this was unfounded, but thank you soo much for claryfying this for me neos.....

I seriously doubt it. Most high level employees have no-compete clauses in their contract that prevent them from working with competitors for a few years.

jstam said:
oli2 has ken been round to your house and cooked you some whale meat on his ps3 for you? you sound like you've been hanging around him a bit too long....

KK has met great goals 2 times : PS and PS2. That IMO deserves respect, that is all ...

That part of realization cannot be denied to him. 

Kuturagi did so much for console gaming as a whole, the Playstation 1 and 2 both pushed the other consoles to be better to compete with them. You can't say the guy didn't do a lot.

Also Kuturagi still works for Sony, he is in that Cellius company that was made by Sony and Namco to make games making use of the PS3 cell processor.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

geeze guys way to take the fun out of it............