By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOX ONE: The Good and the Bad

Munkeh111 said:
DanneSandin said:
Munkeh111 said:
DanneSandin said:
I seriously don't understand how you can think that system looked good... But to each their own! I won't rain on your parade =)

I'm still psyched to see those 15 exclusive titles!

It looked good as an entertainment device, but there was little shown of the games console

From a purely design point of view, it did look better than the PS4!

Oh yes, as an entertainment device it seems really cool! From a design point... It looked like... man... it looked baaaad

You just didn't like how it physically looked? I didn't like the controller, but I thought the console looked decent

I thought the physical form looked like a VCR from the 80's...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
Munkeh111 said:
DanneSandin said:
Munkeh111 said:
DanneSandin said:
I seriously don't understand how you can think that system looked good... But to each their own! I won't rain on your parade =)

It looked good as an entertainment device, but there was little shown of the games console

Oh yes, as an entertainment device it seems really cool! From a design point... It looked like... man... it looked baaaad

You just didn't like how it physically looked? I didn't like the controller, but I thought the console looked decent

I thought the 80's were meant to be cool...

+ Forza 5
+ revamped controller
+ Blu-ray drive
+ 500 GB HDD

- No backwards compatibility
- System looks kinda bulgy
- Name could have been better

Munkeh111 said:
DanneSandin said:
Munkeh111 said:
DanneSandin said:
Munkeh111 said:
DanneSandin said:

Nono, the HAIRS in the 80's were cool!

Some impressive features were shown, but I'm still confused as to why MS feels the need to go for this whole 'all-in-one' angle rather than focus on a few aspects and make those great.

There was nothing shown in the presentation that made me feel like rounding up all my computers, tablets, remotes, and phones and throw them all out, to make place for yet another device claiming to do everything.

Around the Network

We all know what this thread will end up like so let's get it over with. There's a fee to play used games. That alone is a game changer and will make many people go with a PS4. It's very anti-consumer and no wonder EA dropped online passes, they're going with offline passes now.

osed125 said:

The multimedia features are cool and they will most likely attract the "casual" audience. But they are focusing too much on this entertainment media thing. We gamers buy consoles for games, all the other stuff are optimal.

This doesn't mean the console will be an exclusive entertainment hub, games will be coming (they said that in the conference) but this too much focus on media and TV is unnecessary and will only be stuff that increase the price for something the majority of gamers won't use.

With good marketing and price this will probably be a huge success in America (and that's another thing, for now this looks like an American box, and most of this entertainment things won't be available in other countries), but I fear that this won't be a gaming console, this will just be another machine where you can watch Netflix only with a more fancy user interface and voice controls.  

I disagree with this.   There's a huge 'semi-core' market that buys consoles for Madden / FIFA primarily but picks up the CoD and GT/Forzas too.  These sorts of 'Smart TV' features will appeal hugely to this group and give MS a big leg up over Sony.  To me this seemed to be the market most focused on in the presentation as there was little (aside from TV) for casuals and no games were shown for Core (but E3 is coming).

DanneSandin said:
Munkeh111 said:
DanneSandin said:
Munkeh111 said:
DanneSandin said:
Munkeh111 said:
DanneSandin said:

Picture isn't working for me...

Munkeh111 said:
DanneSandin said:
Munkeh111 said:
DanneSandin said:
Munkeh111 said:
DanneSandin said:
Munkeh111 said:
DanneSandin said:

Almost as good:

DanneSandin said:
Munkeh111 said:
DanneSandin said:
Munkeh111 said:
DanneSandin said:
Munkeh111 said:
DanneSandin said:
Munkeh111 said:
DanneSandin said:

Almost as good:

I don't want to go anywhere near that