By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How do you feel about first person shooters?

So how?

I like them 63 52.07%

Abomination 24 19.83%

They are ok 34 28.10%

Total:121

So I was browsing the forums and noticed that some people just have utter disdain for shooters. So my question is how do you feel about them in general? If you do like them, what are you looking forward to?

I think shooters are fine and I like them as much as any other genre. Some I'm looking forward to are

Around the Network

i prefer Sci-fi FPS games over military ones. i like FPS games a lot if they are done well. but i also feel that they need to improve drastically in terms of animation to be able to compete to win my love from 3rd person shooters. with TPS games i feel i have so much more control over a character. though my most played games this gen were CoD MW2 and KZ2 along with uncharted, so as you can see i do enjoy them very much
i honestly cant wait for both killzone shadow fall and destiny

I like them....they just keep being made because Americans cant get enough of them though. Very few standout games in the FPS lot.

Only allow Levine to work on them.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

I like them....they just keep being made because Americans cant get enough of them though. Very few standout games in the FPS lot.

Around the Network
BloodyRain said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Some of my best gaming memories, playing the original Halo via system link with 7 of my friends was amazing.

I think people are riding a bashing bandwagon just for the sake of it, or just because they don't like or can't play FPS.

I don't like JRPG's because the style, stories and characters do not catch my attention. But I never bash them consistently like FPS is bashed.

People put all the First Person games with guns in one bag. In reality there's multiple sub-genres that feel and play different.
For example, people just call Halo a shooter. It f**** my brain. Halo is an Action/Adventure/Sci-Fi. Calling it simply a shooter is diminishing this great series with no parallel in its field.

I don't know how people like WOW and games of its kind. Running errands is not something I like to do in real life let alone in games. But I don't bash it, just because I can't play it or don't like it.

After all games are enjoyment, like music whatever clicks your feeling that's what's good.

I like arena shooters (UT, Quake), too bad they aren't popular anymore. Playing through a modern FPS campaign is so easy, slow and boring. I understand they have to be like this to be playable with a controller, so I don't even bother trying to play them anymore.

Oddly, I enjoy TPS.

Goatseye said:
I don't like JRPG's because the style, stories and characters do not catch my attention. But I never bash them consistently like FPS is bashed.

People put all the First Person games with guns in one bag. In reality there's multiple sub-genres that feel and play different.
For example, people just call Halo a shooter. It f**** my brain. Halo is an Action/Adventure/Sci-Fi. Calling it simply a shooter is diminishing this great series with no parallel in its field.

And you did the same to JRPGs.