By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When will you adopt next gen?(before big Xbox reveal)

When?

Near Launch(infinity) 42 43.30%

Near Launch(ps4) 31 31.96%

Not either for a while(1+ year) 11 11.34%

Soon(Wii U, less then 4 months) 6 6.19%

Not for a while(2+ years) 3 3.09%

Never(Wii U) 1 1.03%

Never(Xbox) 1 1.03%

Never(ps4) 2 2.06%

Total:97

Wii U Getting a later this year.

PS4 maybe when a good game comes out will buy it used.

Xbox not in a million years.

Around the Network
MonstaMack said:
Day one for 720 and maybe PS4. I'm a high roller.

Ditto. I'll buy one of them on day one for sure (will decide which after E3), and the other one will likely follow shortly

Wii U in july 12nd with 5 games: ZombiU (bundled), NFS, Resident Evil Revelations, Call of Duty BO2, Batman: Arkham City

PS4 or XboxNext: December 2015

At the moment PS4 at launch, but cant be 100% till after tomorrow, certainly only getting 1 this year, probably get the other next summer, presuming neither is insanley priced

I already have a Wii U. I plan on getting the PS4 early but that might change depending on my situation at that time. I plan on buying the xbox eventually, sooner than later if it has something that really interests me.

Around the Network

PS4 on launch obviously - a solid 5
WiiU = Zelda Release and i hope for a nice bundle maybe with a gold console?*please* - Hype for Zelda always 10
Xbox - "Never"...100€ max to fill the collection

Depending on pricing, and games available in launch I might jump in for the next Xbox near launch.

Well, at the beginning of this generation I had no idea I'd end up with all 3 consoles, so it's hard for me to say. If things continue the way they have (and if my friends don't offer me another console for 50 bucks), I will probably stick with my Wii U and my PC.

BloodyRain said:
kitler53 said:

when feburary's NPD is released.

with dark souls 2 launching this holiday on ps3 i don't technically need another console until around september 2014 lol.

that and i just don't want to buy a lemon so to speak. by mid march i'll know quite clearly if ps4 or nextbox are going to tank and if nintendo was able to reverse wiiU's fortunes. i'll have a pretty clear view to impending game releases (separate the early hype from the bullshit promises)

with all that said, i'll probably get a ps4. sony has done me well to date and earned a lot of good will with me.

Oh, did they give a release date for dark souls 2 already? I haven't been keeping up with the news on the game.

well nothing concrete,.. 2013.  who knows, maybe it gets delayed.  just makes the need for next gen even more unnecessary in the short term.   ..which is a general concern of mine with AC:IV, watch dogs, GT6, GTA5 and all the rest still coming to current gen hardware.  i'm reluctant to move on because i can see the warning signs from here.

Too many variables to consider.

Assuming the launch line-up is solid, if the PS4 is $400 or less I'll gladly trade in my dust-collecting PS3 and get it early. Beyond that, I'll wait; at $500, it'll be a while. Of course, if none of the early titles appeal to me much then god knows how long it'll take.

I'm not picking anything on that poll until after E3.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D