By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best console game of this generation

What is the best console game of this generation?

Halo 3 15 8.43%

Uncharted 2 63 35.39%

Assassin's Creed 2 2 1.12%

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 1 5 2.81%

Dark Souls 8 4.49%

Red Dead Redemption 12 6.74%

Metal Gear Solid 4 13 7.30%

Gears of War 2 2 1.12%

Fallout 3 3 1.69%

others 55 30.90%

Total:178
CGI-Quality said:

Speaking if heavy rain, I just recently got it. I'm enjoying it except for the walking controls.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

Heavy Rain is one of the better games, but I'm really looking forward to Beyond 2 Souls.  I think Beyond 2 Souls will blow away Heavy Rain.  I feel like most games are better with the 2nd game with the same engine (especially new IPs) within a generation as they can kink out the problems.  Like Assassin's Creed to the 2nd game.  Uncharted 1 to U2.  Or Gears 1 to Gears 2.  Call of Duty 2 to COD4: Modern Warfare.  I'm guessing Beyond 2 Souls is using similar more refined engine from Heavy Rain.

1. Left for dead 2
2. Uncharted 2
3. Dead Souls / Dark Souls
4. Skyrim

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Xenoblade Chronicles, a game that fulfills the wish for a great, modern-feeling nonlinear JRPG and the wish for a fantastic first-party new IP from Nintendo.

On 360 and PS3, it's Batman: Arkham City by a country mile.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

Ni no Kuni

I'm boycotting this thread since it's obviously boycotting Nintendo.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Depends on who you are. For single-player I'd say Uncharted or Metal Gear Solid 4. For multiplayer I'd say Halo, Call of Duty, or Gears of War. Maybe even Mario Galaxy.

No matter what, they are all amazing and I don't think anybody can say 100% what the best game is.

That poll is ridiculously limited has no Nintendo games...

Super Mario Galaxy 1/2 are probably some of my favorite titles. I also really liked Skyward Sword.

No Gran Turismo 5... so Uncharted 2.