By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - $79.99 for MGS4 and FF13?

if both the games came out to those prices i'd still buy them, cause i've bought more expensives games then that, example Halo 3 Legendary Edition ($150), Final Fantasy XI w/HDD($130), and Final Fantasy 3/6 ($120) for the snes, when they first game out, so an $80 price tag is no difference to me.

Around the Network
Xt3m3_ICON said:
if both the games came out to those prices i'd still buy them, cause i've bought more expensives games then that, example Halo 3 Legendary Edition ($150), Final Fantasy XI w/HDD($130), and Final Fantasy 3/6 ($120) for the snes, when they first game out, so an $80 price tag is no difference to me.

1. I'm assuming you're mixing currencies because FFIII was never $120 in America when it was new.
  2. Halo 3: Legendary Edition is $150 but the normal edition is also $60. Nobody is forcing you to buy a $90 cat helmet.
  3. Was the FFXI with the hard drive really that much? In whatever case it comes with a hard drive to justify the price.
  4. Assuming we're pretending this very likely false rumor true, we're also assuming that MGS4 and FFXIII come with nothing extra for an extra $20.

Xt3m3_ICON said:

Why would you pay $150 for the Halo 3 Legendary Edition? It's available on Newegg for $80. That's not a sale or anything, that's the normal price.

You could have bought the normal one for $60 at launch and then *also* bought a legendary edition one a couple of months later and still saved $10, despite having two copies of the game.

Usually when things drop in price that drastically it means their value is well below their asking price. 

Squall_Leonhart said:
Worth the price IMO!

Then again you guys in the US will get it cheaper than us in the UK... I'm guessing £49.99 for us here, which is roughly $90

it's £50 already, these will be £60.. fun (still probably get £10 off at amazon)

Anyway, there  are not many games that I would pay £60 for, but FFXIII is one of the two (GTA IV being the other one)

A guy at gamestop last year asked me why I wanted a PS3. I told him I wanted to play MGS4. And he said that it had been guarenteed that it was coming to the 360. He also said it would cost $120. So let me start a thread about that! ; )

Around the Network

I see this being a possible reality as both of these games can cost upward of 80 million with ad costs included.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

weezy said:

Just got word these games are gonna cost more than current next gen titles because of production cost and time to make

Anyone else hear this?

EDIT this is all specualtion on what my older brothers friend at M$ said.

SO it may or may not be true

I really could care lessif they charge $100 bucks for them. I already pre-ordered them from Amazon.com for $59.95 each. Amazon DOES respect the pre-order prices. They will even lowermy price if the price drops from $59.95. Links:

Final Fantasy XIII

Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

You'll probably see multiple skus like you do today: $60 for the 'basic' edition and then $70-80 for the 'limited/special' edition. This ain't news and is happening a heck of a lot more these days on the 360 and PS3. I don't think you'll see it much on the Wii since those owners appear to be more price sensitive.

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

Well, it wouldn't surprise me the least, unfortunatly. Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank both were €75 (about $110) at launch, though they were down to €65 ($95) pretty quick.

Don't be shocked at the ridiculous high prices, in the Netherlands, €65 is the normal PS3 software price. 360 games are €60 ($88) and Wii games are €50 ($75).

The fact that we're even commenting on someones brother's friend who works at Microsoft who also happens to have insider information on games that not only aren't made by Microsoft, but not Sony either, is telling of what people are willing to believe.

In short: Take this with as much salt as you can muster, and then think again.

A Collector's Edition of both MGS4 and FFXIII at $80 or above will most likely happen, but I doubt Konami/SE nor Sony, wants their two biggest games to be bumped up $20 at retail.