By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's E3 Wii U Demos at Best Buy!

What Wii U game are you looking forward to playing the most?

Super Mario U 49 28.82%

Super Smash Bros. 4 56 32.94%

Mario Kart 8 20 11.76%

The Wonderful 101 9 5.29%

Pikmin 3 6 3.53%

Wii Fit U 3 1.76%

Wind Waker HD 6 3.53%

Yarn Yoshi 2 1.18%

Sonic: Lost World 7 4.12%

Other 12 7.06%

Total:170

At the end of todays new Nintendo Direct, good ol Reggie popped up revealing that we'll be able to play select unreleased Wii U games at Best Buy stores across both the U.S.A. and Canada during E3 week. These will likely be the very same demos on the E3 show floor. Imo, this is the biggest news to come from the ND and I was really surprised to not see a thread on this already or it being talked about much. Afterall, what better way is there to get info on a game/see if you like it or not than to play it for yourself! Plus I don't think something like this has been done before, certainly not by Nintendo, which is also quite surprising.

I remember during the last few E3's I truely watched n followed, which was maybe 07-09, the main thing going on in my head was "man, I wish I could play these games too!" Really, who wasn't jealous while watching all those people play games we'll have to wait ages for? Heck I was wishing during the last E3 that I could jump through the monitor to take away the controller from those careless players who killed so many poor pikmans. lolz, still wont be able to do that, but atleast us average Joes will be on more equal footing with the lucky E3 goers.

So then, what Wii U games are yal hoping to try out the most? For me it's between SSB4 and MK8 as they should both be a blast to play along with other peoples, but if I had to choose one (a.k.a. the poll), then it's gotta be MK8 as I currently favor that franchise more. Lastly, are other countries getting similar treatment? I'd sure hope so!

EDIT: Will update when more details are revealed about the event.

Around the Network

this is a really smart move IMO

That`s how you do marketing.
Gamers online always wished there were there to play the games and now they can!

There wasn`t any announcement concerning the european market. Still, i hope it happens. They could even do a road show with these demos, since they never did one in the first place for Wii U.

now that best buy its getting e3 Demos, i have no doubt in my mind that nintendo will make their demos available in the eshop.
1. Best buy demos- future customers
2. eshop demos- Current customers

really cool indeed, lucky Americans

Around the Network

One of the more surprising and smartest things they announced today. Will go and play the hell out of Smash if it is one of the demos.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

i really want xenoblade 2 to be playable at best buy

turtuls said:
One of the more surprising and smartest things they announced today. Will go and play the hell out of Smash if it is one of the demos.

True that! Any bit of free time I have during E3 week will be spent at my local best buy that's only a 15 minute walk away! :D

DélioPT said:
That`s how you do marketing.
Gamers online always wished there were there to play the games and now they can!

There wasn`t any announcement concerning the european market. Still, i hope it happens. They could even do a road show with these demos, since they never did one in the first place for Wii U.

Well they are going to be at GamesCon which is open to the public, they may have smaller events at the same time in other contries to maximize the exposure.

Kart and the next Mario title are almost shoo ins for the demos, depends on how fast Namco is working on Smash, though if it is going to be reelased in this business year there is a good chance on that title as well.

That's what I wanted to hear from them. people always act like Nintendo doesn't know how the buisness works.