By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can Naughty Dog change the industry twice in one generation?

Can Naughty Dog change the industry with TLoU?

Yes 197 61.18%

No 95 29.50%

See results 30 9.32%

Total:322
bananaking21 said:
Dr.JimmyRustles said:
>Can Naughty Dog change the industry twice in one generation
How so by making movies?

you do realize that another poster got banned in this same thread for a similar comment, right?

I will never understand the movie comment people make about games like Heavy Rain and Uncharted.  You still have to give input into the game which is what makes it a game in the first place.  You actually play more in Uncharted than you do in most games.  But, this thread is not about this.  So, just report them and ignore their posts.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
Dr.JimmyRustles said:
bananaking21 said:
Dr.JimmyRustles said:
How so by making movies?

you do realize that another poster got banned in this same thread for a similar comment, right?

Someone beat me to it?

lol, your pushing me dude. if u want to comment in this thread make it on subject and stop derailing it or i will report you. 

Its a joke, seriously do you still get offended with the no games joke? Let me answer Op I really don't the things I've seen which tbh is very little I've seen other games do it.

nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
Dr.JimmyRustles said:
How so by making movies?

I will never understand the movie comment people make about games like Heavy Rain and Uncharted.  You still have to give input into the game which is what makes it a game in the first place.  You actually play more in Uncharted than you do in most games.  But, this thread is not about this.  So, just report them and ignore their posts.

i dont mind pressing the report button but at times i completely ignore like lilchickens post. but at times people just push it, if its in a thread of mine ill warn them that ill report them, if it they ignore it ill report them no problem, even if they get banned or not after the fact that i tell them that i reported them they stop. so its does the trick even if they dont get banned, which is something i dont care if it happens or not, i just want them to stop with the nonesense.

i see the movie thing as a compliment, as it does say that the level of story telling and presentation is better than most games. and that the gameplay is fluid and feels right. though people would just say anything to try downplay a game

I don't necessarily think Naughty Dog changed the industry with the Uncharted series, I definitely would say Uncharted helped influence certain features of games. 1 example I have is the set pieces in Max Payne 3 where your sliding down a roof top or hanging on a chain shooting enemies with a pistol reminded me a lot of Uncharted.

When you look at the best third person shooters in gaming Uncharteds undoubtedly in the top 3 if not number 1, I feel TLou can possibly emulate that success by being one of the top Survival/ Action Adventure games.

CGI-Quality said:
Purple said:
My personal answer is no, because I doubt a game at the very end of the generation could be that important in the design of future games.

Yeah, tell that to Resident Evil 4 and God of War.

OT: I do believe The Last Of Us will shape its respective genre. Very simple, the amount of praise it is getting for things it's doing that other games haven't yet, coupled with Naughty Dog's history.

finally a believer !!

Around the Network

I would call ND's games to be more standard-setting than industry-changing.

you'd think this game would be all over PSN store,isn't it coming out soon

Above & Beyond

Uncharted was every gamers dream and it changed the industry :lol: ? What a bullshit, what Uncharted exactly changed in your opinion? I can't see anything which changed after Uncharteds release and it was sure not my dream to shoot through extreamly linear levels with absolut no freedom of movement and a game which required almost no real gameplay.

If you say Halo changed the industry or Call of Duty than okay this two was really groundbreaking games and they are the major reason that there are today so many shooter games out there but Uncharted? The only game Uncharted influenced was maybe the new tomb raider to inspire one game is not really a change in the industry

zuvuyeay said:
you'd think this game would be all over PSN store,isn't it coming out soon

in a months time

TheLastStarFighter said:
I would call ND's games to be more standard-setting than industry-changing.

technicially speaking, if the standard is raised, isnt that a big changing something? and thus changing something in the industry?