By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Look at the lines for SSBB! (Famitsu Coverage of Launch)

Haha great post, looks like everyone has some competition when it comes time for US launch. I'm glad I won't have to wait in line I work at the store where I paid for mine 5 months ago =D. Seriously I want interest off of that 50 bucks I spent ~_~.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

I love the lede in that article.

"Nintendo just may have a hit"

You think, John?

Sqrl said:
Oh I don't suppose anyone knows what happened at the store that had over 800 pre-orders? Just seems like it would get a follow-up story but I can't find anything on it so I would assume it went well since if it went horribly we would have heard something...yes/no?

Lepton was the retailer with 800+ preorders and not nearly that many copies to meet demand.  However, also mentioned in that same article was NCSX.  They HAVE followed up with a reply and here it is: 

"Our initial shipments of Smash Bros X are scheduled to arrive on Thursday of this week. We were able to obtain more copies than we originally expected after receiving the bad news from suppliers on Sunday night. We'll notify customers by email today if your order is shipping on Thursday. The remainder of our Smash Bros X shipments are scheduled to arrive no later than Wednesday or Thursday of next week and we'll be able to fill all remaining preorders and any new orders at that time.

So, was there really a "shortage"? Some of our suppliers in Hong Kong won't be getting any copies until this weekend which makes it more of a delay than an actual shortage. We also note that most of our Japanese vendors will receive the bulk of their supplies on February 2 and February 4 which is a few days later than the official street date. We'll update further if anything changes but everything looks good for next week." 

Thankfully, it seems the shortage probably won't last long, as it looks like extra stock will be flowing into the market the following week. Still, considering how crazy Smash fans get with every delay of the game, even a few days' extra wait might be enough to send some folks into a frothing rage. 

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

You know what? I still think I can just stroll my Fred Meyer store and get this during launch or some days after it. If I can't, I still live near 2 Gamestops so no worries for me.

loadedstatement said:
Sqrl said:
Oh I don't suppose anyone knows what happened at the store that had over 800 pre-orders? Just seems like it would get a follow-up story but I can't find anything on it so I would assume it went well since if it went horribly we would have heard something...yes/no?

Lepton was the retailer with 800+ preorders and not nearly that many copies to meet demand.  However, also mentioned in that same article was NCSX.  They HAVE followed up with a reply and here it is: 

"Our initial shipments of Smash Bros X are scheduled to arrive on Thursday of this week. We were able to obtain more copies than we originally expected after receiving the bad news from suppliers on Sunday night. We'll notify customers by email today if your order is shipping on Thursday. The remainder of our Smash Bros X shipments are scheduled to arrive no later than Wednesday or Thursday of next week and we'll be able to fill all remaining preorders and any new orders at that time.

So, was there really a "shortage"? Some of our suppliers in Hong Kong won't be getting any copies until this weekend which makes it more of a delay than an actual shortage. We also note that most of our Japanese vendors will receive the bulk of their supplies on February 2 and February 4 which is a few days later than the official street date. We'll update further if anything changes but everything looks good for next week." 

Thankfully, it seems the shortage probably won't last long, as it looks like extra stock will be flowing into the market the following week. Still, considering how crazy Smash fans get with every delay of the game, even a few days' extra wait might be enough to send some folks into a frothing rage. 

Good to see it got resolved somewhat.  And the frothing rage thing is true, I went nuts then when I said something at work about it everyone there went nuts, even before the delay my friend David was joking with me about a delay and me and my other coworker went nuts and saying how it wasn't going to get delayed and we of course were wrong.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

That line is short i pictured it being longer.

Does anyone remember the article from the asshat that said that Smash Bros would prove that Wii is a kiddie gimmick casual system. The quote:

"Incidentally, the buyer layer late teens to 80 percent of the men are in their 20s."

should be sent directly to him.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

im pretty sure the line is probably split 60/40 for SSBB and DMC4.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
im pretty sure the line is probably split 60/40 for SSBB and DMC4.

more like 95/5.

GOD!

why wasn't i born in japan?!!!!!

damn u mother!

Proud member of the Fierce Fox Force.

"I strike spurs onto my Wii controller. And against Sony and MS I fling myself,
unvanquished and unyielding. 'O Wii!!!"

-The Nintendian Philosophy