By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Luigi's Mansion 2 has brought the 3DS to the point of no return in America

wait does the OP even have a 3DS?

Around the Network

I'm quite happy that Dark Moon is getting the recognition it deserves.

Just goes to show what software does for selling hardware. The Wii U is going to see a similar revival with regards to sales later this year when the likes of Wii Fit, Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, Wind Waker HD, 3D Mario and Mario Kart 8 are released.

People tend to forget that Nintendo have only released two titles so far.

I think we're also going to hear a Megaton or two being announced from third parties around E3 for the Wii U.

Personally I think this is more telling -- weekly 3DS hardware sales in America, 2012 vs 2013:

I think you can guess when Luigi's Mansion 2 was released relative to this chart.

spurgeonryan said:
tbone51 said:
3DS HASNT EVEN STARTED TO GO INTO MOTION YET! WE GOT LUIGI MANSION2/FIRE EMBLEM/ LEGO CITY/MH3U. WE STILL HAVENT GOTTEN MARIO+LUIGI/YOSHI ISLAND/DK/SMT4/POKEMON/MARIO PARTY/MARIO GOLF/LOZ/ JAPAN HASNT GOTTEN SMTIV AS WELL WITH MH4. OH I FORGOT AC FOR US AND EUROPE!

Why are you yelling at me? I am just saying that it has made a the turn from people not really caring too much, to being a hit here. I am sure it can go much HIGHER!!!!

I was wondering that too. Lol.

On topic, the scary part is, Pokemon isn't even out yet for the 3DS. This handheld could very well make the DS feel like the PS1 and itself the PS2.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

Around the Network

I'm actually really surprised by the success of LM Dark Moon and Lego City for 3DS...
It does seem to be Luigi's Mandion that's really made the difference for the 3DS...
Having seen a fair amount of commercials for The Chase Begins and DKCR3D, I assume we will see similar numbers for the time being...
I wonder how games like Kid Icarus and Kingdom Hearts 3D will sell now with a bigger audience...
This topic reminds me that I have to pick up Dark Moon and SMT Soul Hackers...

Have a nice day...

Pachofilauri said:
i love luigi more than mario. i wish nintendo made a paper luigi game telling what he was doing during the original paper mario, in TTYD, or in sticker star.

It would be a great idea, it could show Luigi's Adventures during TTYD, in TTYD itself luigi appears telling us about lots of stories, so the game could focus in that!

Is 3DS still tracking ahead of DS in the same timeframe?

I don't think you can give all the credit to Luigi. Nintendo has done several things to increase momentum in the West, also other developers have taken ahold of the 3DS and started to treat it as it should. (Releasing more and better games.)

I also don't get why people dislike your threads, still. You've recently had quite fleshed out OP's.

Anari said:
Is 3DS still tracking ahead of DS in the same timeframe?

I think not anymore. Timeframe-wise, the DS just finished its third Holiday season. 3DS may catch up again with its own Holiday this year, but considering this is the DS... it may not.