By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why are some toilet seats so cold?

Tagged games:

It's cold because noone was spending time with it. Hire some (stereotype foreigner) as maid or something that cleans your house and when there is nothing to do the maid is sitting on your toilet untill you have "business" to do.

Around the Network

That's why I pee in the swimming pool become going home.

I always put toilet paper on the seat but not because of the temperature but because of hygiene.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Galaki said:
That's why I pee in the swimming pool become going home.

You sit on the toilet to pee?

My toilet is out side imagine how I feel, winters are cruel.

Around the Network
betacon said:
My toilet is out side imagine how I feel, winters are cruel.

Man, that must be tough. At least you don't live in a extremely cold place.

High specific heat capacity (takes a lot of energy to warm up) OR high heat conductivity (saps heat from your body rapidly).

Your body's perception of heat is actually based on the rate of heat transfer so the second will register as cold even though the material may be at room temperature. This is why metals are cold to the touch.

take some toilet paper and wet it in warm water and then wipe it over the toilet seat a couple of times. it should make it a bit warmer

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Soleron said:
High specific heat capacity (takes a lot of energy to warm up) OR high heat conductivity (saps heat from your body rapidly).

Your body's perception of heat is actually based on the rate of heat transfer so the second will register as cold even though the material may be at room temperature. This is why metals are cold to the touch.

There you have it.

Ceramics don't have extremely high heat capacity, but their heat conductivity is somewhat high. That's why some thermal pastes for PCs are ceramic based.

Is this a girls-only thread?!