By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The next Xbox - Xbox V

sales2099 said:
JayWood2010 said:
riderz13371 said:
sales2099 said:
http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/halo_4/news/upcoming_halo_appears_on_tescos_site.html

Looks like MS will indeed bring Halo as a launch title, most likely Halo 2. Would be huge if they brought back the MP from the dead.

You expect a remake of an old Halo game that will be on the 720 will be the Xbox's "killer" game? That's hilarious.

8 Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary X360 2011 Shooter Microsoft Game Studios 1.29 0.62 0.04 0.21 2.16

Halo 2 is also much more popular than Halo Combat Evolved.  Halo 2 Anniversary could manage 2-4m Lifetime total would be my guess.

Its less abotu popularity and more about a MP component. Halo campaign/lore fans are a minority relative to the gamers who buy it for online MP. Halo Anniversary lacked MP. Halo 2 would not only have it, but it will bring it back from the dead, something many old school Halo gamers protested.

Either way, its outselling Killzone. So that guy is in no position to joke.

I agree.  Halo 2 is what really got me started for Halo.  I loved Halo 1 but it wasn't until Halo 2 that it became one of my favorite franchises.  I didn't Buy Halo anniversary but I will be buying Halo 2 if they make it.  And they better bring back the old maps.  Lockout, Blood Gulch, Ascension, beaver Creek, Headlong, Sactuary, Terminal, Turf, and Zanzibar was some of the best all time maps for a halo game.  And if they brought some good Halo 3 maps back that would be great too.  

EDIT: Speaking of old maps.  So glad Halo 4 has lockout now in the playlist XD

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/halo_4/news/upcoming_halo_appears_on_tescos_site.html

Looks like MS will indeed bring Halo as a launch title, most likely Halo 2. Would be huge if they brought back the MP from the dead and *gasp*, give Halo 2 a proper ending.

Not saying it won't happen, but I don't think a debunked listing for the Xbox 360 adds much to your argument :P