By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Digital Foundry: PS4 KILLZONE uses 3GB RAM! (CONFIRMED)

Does this mean 1GB for the OS?

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
Shinobi-san said:

No but it will use 1GB or RAM  iirc. Btw, it will be a BSD.

Shinobi-san said:

it sort of implies it at least.

Cool.

Hynad said:
I personally prefer FXAA to MSAA.

Well there are pros and cons but in terms of IQ the MSAA do a better job than FXAA or MLAA... well MSAA is really AA... FXAA is a approximation.

Around the Network
dahuman said:
You generally don't want MSAA these days though, HQ FXAA/MLAA would be a good thing anyways.

Because the MSAA uses more resourses... maybe they will use again with PS4 games.

kitler53 said:
Shinobi-san said:

it sort of implies it at least.

Yeah but then again they could have added the additional RAM to make more avaialble to the OS, which i think is the case.

What will make the most sense to me is an OS with 1-2 GB allocated RAM. With games receiving 6GB. This will allow for future updates to be done easier.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Hynad said:
I personally prefer FXAA to MSAA.

You prefer an approximation of anti-aliasing to actual anti-aliasing?

Just to note something peeps might have been forgetting in between all the RAM hen-fighting:

Holy shit, PS4 and XB3 have got RAM! 16x what the had before!

I'm glad of the, 8gb of ram I thought this generation wouldn't have any fanboy antics like the POWER OF THE CELL.

So em I supposed to be impressed by this?