By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Durango has always had 8 gigs GDDR5, sony matched specs

According to neogaf user and blizzard cinematic animator Vustadumas the next xbox has always had 8 gigs of GDDR5. It was sony who changed specs to match, not the other way around.

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=57028434&postcount=3192

Around the Network

Weren't Durango dev kits leaked?

That guy superday or whatever tried to sell that on Ebay. But maybe that was just a prototype and this news is true not sure. It would be kind of funny if it were true.

I love rumors.

Well, it may be true or not, but it no longer matters.

The truth is that Sony revealed it first and if MSoft has the same RAM, they will still look like the ones who changed their specs.

That's what happens when you try to be so secretive.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Talal said:

Weren't Durango dev kits leaked?

That guy superday or whatever tried to sell that on Ebay. But maybe that was just a prototype and this news is true not sure. It would be kind of funny if it were true.

superdae but that guy also said the specs we always saw are old and microsoft had already much better specs since last year or something. no clue if that is true but that's what he said (or something similar to that)

Around the Network
JEMC said:
Well, it may be true or not, but it no longer matters.

The truth is that Sony revealed it first and if MSoft has the same RAM, they will still look like the ones who changed their specs.

That's what happens when you try to be so secretive.

and? do you think anyone won't buy the console because of that? "ohh see, microsoft changed the specs to the better, i won't buy it anymore because they want to be competitive"

and if that would be true, that would go around on the internet as all the other rumours as well and everyone who believed until now that sony was first with that idea would then know it's the opposite. if it's true, we will hear that from some devs as well in the next months, if not, everything is like before and no gddr5.

€dit: the post is probably only fake or something, just in theory

maximrace said:

According to neogaf user and blizzard cinematic animator Vustadumas the next xbox has always had 8 gigs of GDDR5. It was sony who changed specs to match, not the other way around.

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=57028434&postcount=3192

I smell bullshit. The post is old, the thread moved on without further notice because there wasn't any proof for his statement.

A thread relying on one single post on GAF is useless in my opinion.

Doesn't matter who changed what, as long as both are on equal footing, we can all rejoice...not.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Areym said:
Doesn't matter who changed what, as long as both are on equal footing, we can all rejoice...not.

would be great if both would have exactly the same specs, would be so much easier for devs and reduce costs.

If true then thats a good thing. More bandwith for the Xbox could also mean better GPU. Well soon we know whats inside I guess.