By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 leaked via teaser promo E3 2013 (Fake).

riderz13371 said:
KBG29 said:
Not a fan of the LED. The overall look of the box is the direction I hope to see. These boxes need to look like a media center device. The days of toy looking consoles has to come to an end if MS and Sony are serious about being taken serious.

As for the lack of CD support. That had better not come to fruition.

Lol, you serious bro?

Don't mind him. He was upset when they removed vhs support from the gamecube

Around the Network
pezus said:
riderz13371 said:
KBG29 said:
Not a fan of the LED. The overall look of the box is the direction I hope to see. These boxes need to look like a media center device. The days of toy looking consoles has to come to an end if MS and Sony are serious about being taken serious.

Lol, you serious bro?

I personally never used my PS3 for CDs...or PS2 for that matter. Music is almost all digital nowadays, and if you have CDs you can just rip them to your PC and listen to them that way on your PS4.

I've never even purchased/had a music CD. All of my songs are in one folder on my laptop and they're all "illegally" converted youtube videos into MP3 files.

riderz13371 said:
pezus said:
riderz13371 said:
KBG29 said:

Lol, you serious bro?

I personally never used my PS3 for CDs...or PS2 for that matter. Music is almost all digital nowadays, and if you have CDs you can just rip them to your PC and listen to them that way on your PS4.

I've never even purchased/had a music CD. All of my songs are in one folder on my laptop and they're all "illegally" converted youtube videos into MP3 files.

My thoughts on the matter is better learn how to stream, bro.

It's like my parents before cellphones. Better learn how to use them, because that's the standard now.

theprof00 said:
riderz13371 said:
KBG29 said:

Lol, you serious bro?

I buy all my new music on CD. Everything I own is ripped to my original 60GB PS3. It won't be a big deal at first because I have everything currently on my phone, but this means I still have to rip to the PS3, transfer to a carrier, and then transfer to the PS4 with new music. If they had dropped all physical support I would not have an issue, but they have a damn optical drive. 

Everything else on the PS4 looks so well thought out, but this optical drive is just horrindous. It only supports 6xCAV BD, and 8xCAV DVD. This is an extreamly cheap unit, and leads me to worry about the PS2 DRE problems. When I can buy a 12x/16X/48X drive from newegg or tigerdirect today for $39.99 I expect at least that good from Sony.

PS4 should be using a full size optical drive, and a full 3.5in HDD bay at launch to give us the best experiance for the cheapest price. They can go to laptop drives in a slim version down the road.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
theprof00 said:
riderz13371 said:
KBG29 said:

Lol, you serious bro?

I buy all my new music on CD. Everything I own is ripped to my original 60GB PS3. It won't be a big deal at first because I have everything currently on my phone, but this means I still have to rip to the PS3, transfer to a carrier, and then transfer to the PS4 with new music. If they had dropped all physical support I would not have an issue, but they have a damn optical drive. 

Everything else on the PS4 looks so well thought out, but this optical drive is just horrindous. It only supports 6xCAV BD, and 8xCAV DVD. This is an extreamly cheap unit, and leads me to worry about the PS2 DRE problems. When I can buy a 12x/16X/48X drive from newegg or tigerdirect today for $39.99 I expect at least that good from Sony.

PS4 should be using a full size optical drive, and a full 3.5in HDD bay at launch to give us the best experiance for the cheapest price. They can go to laptop drives in a slim version down the road.

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean.

It's the same size drive, just lacking the codecs required to play cd. It's just a cost saving measure.
Also, why do you rip music to the ps3? Do you not have a computer or wireless router?

Around the Network

To me the camera movements when shots of the design show up are just horrible. And lol at the fact they only put Second Son footage in it. Should have put some Killzone, Drive Club, and Knack in there too somehow.

yaknow I wouldn't be surprised if this was released by their new advertising firm just to drum up hype.
The production value is quite high for an independent job.

theprof00 said:
yaknow I wouldn't be surprised if this was released by their new advertising firm just to drum up hype.
The production value is quite high for an independent job.

no its not. its just a 3 day job by anybody who has 3+ years of experience(including studying)

the 3d part of it anyways (the console its self and the background)

theprof00 said:
KBG29 said:
theprof00 said:
riderz13371 said:
KBG29 said:

Lol, you serious bro?

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean.

It's the same size drive, just lacking the codecs required to play cd. It's just a cost saving measure.
Also, why do you rip music to the ps3? Do you not have a computer or wireless router?

I don't think they will use a full size BD ROM Combo drive, because they are pretty much all running 10 - 12X now. 6X is common in the slim laptop drives.

My music is on the PS3 beause it is just eaiser that way. I tried moving it to the PC, but I could not listen to those tracks in game. If I want to listen to music on the computer, or in the car I have all my music on my phone. 

It just seems really akward to have support for CD, but not CD Audio playback. 

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I wouldn't mind something like that plugged under my tv, I hope the real console looks as cool as this