By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A video game themed bar and restaurant.

Tagged games:

Something different but the food is quite expensive

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network
Akvod said:
I wouldn't want to actually play video games there.

1) It'll clog up the restaurant if people want to play after the food.
2) You probably have a short window to play (either until the appetizers arrive or the entree)
3) Greasy hands + Controllers = Gross

Kinect solves all these problems!

Am I trolling? I suspect I'm trolling. I apologize for trolling.

I'd definitely go. Seems like a good setup.

I really want to go there. Booze and games is a great combo.

Wow how lame is that?!? What a terrible idea!

1. Main demographic doesn't leave the house.
2. Socially clueless. Will be the worst tipped staff in history.
3. Half of main demographic will be awkward and take incredibly long time to order because they mumble their orders.
4. Other half has aspergers and will argue that their triforce burger wasn't seared to the proper temperature.
5. They will play videogames and stay there forever.
6. Will get shit-wrecked off 1 drink. Very little alcohol revenue from this crowd.
7. Will be loud and obnoxious as fuck.
8. Incredibly awkward birthday parties where guests will sing "i am alive" with tone-deaf squealing.
9. Will be the worst dating restaurant in the known civilized world.
10. HOLY FUCK 15$ FOR A BURGER. There goes the casual audience!
11. It's in Canada.
12. 9 kinds of fries, and 3 kinds of nachos. Originality to match the industry.
13. There will never be any chicks here, and the ones that do will all be taken already.
14. GOD DAMN, there is only ONE menu item that is eaten with a fork eaten with a spoon. PASS THE CONTROLLER BRO

EDIT: editted last item to say spoon, as it is a soup. Smart decision EXP, not giving the patrons here sharp objects is in your best interest.

Around the Network
oldschoolfool said:
I thought it was an american place at first,going bye the food. I did'nt know they ate they same crap in maple syrup country.

Many places around the world eat our American "crap" food. Thanks a lot, globalization!

very cool!

I hope it's 15 Canadian dollars which equal 5 American dollars cuze if not......

Lyrikalstylez said:
I hope it's 15 Canadian dollars which equal 5 American dollars cuze if not......

Nope, Canadian dollars are basically at par with American.  CDN spent most of last year slightly ahead of USD, but currently it is a fraction of a percentage point behind.  Oh also, there is a significant sales tax that is usually not included in menu prices, about 12%.  Previously it was only 5% for restaurants, but then the BC government adopted HST which was later revoked.  Not sure whether it is still 12% at present.

ebw said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

Nope, Canadian dollars are basically at par with American.  CDN spent most of last year slightly ahead of USD, but currently it is a fraction of a percentage point behind.  Oh also, there is a significant sales tax (it briefly got as bad as 12% when the BC government adopted HST, not sure if that has been fully killed yet).

Oh gods, so this is a 17$ burger. Even worse.