By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

LOL at the first post [tagging].

Around the Network
AshKetchum1992 said:
How much time has Versus XIII been in the chart??

Let me ask my father.

michael_stutzer said:
AshKetchum1992 said:
How much time has Versus XIII been in the chart??

Let me ask my father.

HA HA HA

Tagging new thread

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

Oh, snap, I just realized the latest Blazblue sequel is up. But it's gonna take forever to come out... :(

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

Around the Network

Tagging

Chandler said:
Can anybody explain why the preorder charts always look like Japan is Sony dominated and why actual sales charts look very different? Is there no pre order mentality for Nintendo games because no fear of stock shortage? Because no pre order incentives (for the most part)? What is it?

The sales charts at the moment are predominently made up of games with legs.  A pre-order chart like COMG is based on the first week sales of games.  Plenty of these titles will peak high in the first few weeks and then disappear.

Nintendo also tend to put their own games up for pre-order quite late; while a company like Square-Enix will put a game up for pre-order that isn't even in development.

Kresnik said:
Chandler said:
Can anybody explain why the preorder charts always look like Japan is Sony dominated and why actual sales charts look very different? Is there no pre order mentality for Nintendo games because no fear of stock shortage? Because no pre order incentives (for the most part)? What is it?

The sales charts at the moment are predominently made up of games with legs.  A pre-order chart like COMG is based on the first week sales of games.  Plenty of these titles will peak high in the first few weeks and then disappear.

Nintendo also tend to put their own games up for pre-order quite late; while a company like Square-Enix will put a game up for pre-order that isn't even in development.

You know you wanted to say it: most kids and women don't pre-order.  Games that reach those markets depend on word of mouth more than anything.  I think this is true for a lot of the social-type games, as well, which have accounted for much of the recent success for the 3DS.

Chandler said:

Take out the limited editions.

Nintendo doesn't have LE. For some reason. Nintendo games generally aren't really pre-ordered much. Look at the US charts for example. 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Tagged!