By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

BlackBeauty said:
Barkley said:

So are you no longer predicting it will be the best selling game of the year?

Are you going back to your prediction that Smash would be the best selling game of the year? 

Because with Red Dead shipping 17m in 8 days you may want to rethink both.

No what I think won't change facts.

Rockstar PR marketing shenanigans won't change that either. Over shipments and Inflating revenue AKA "gross" as they like to boast with special 100$ + box set is a thing. 

So Rockstar was able to convince every major retailer in the world to take on more stock of Red Dead Redemption 2?  That's...odd.

Around the Network
Train wreck said:
BlackBeauty said:

Rockstar PR marketing shenanigans won't change that either. Over shipments and Inflating revenue AKA "gross" as they like to boast with special 100$ + box set is a thing. 

So Rockstar was able to convince every major retailer in the world to take on more stock of Red Dead Redemption 2?  That's...odd.

If they can bribe critics to give out 10s. Certainly they have that power Esp considering how much GTA has sold.

We’ll see if it has the legs or good word of mouth to keep selling or fall flat on its face on the discount bin.

BlackBeauty said:
Train wreck said:

If they can bribe critics to give out 10s. Certainly they have that power Esp considering how much GTA has sold.

We’ll see if it has the legs or good word of mouth to keep selling or fall flat on its face on the discount bin.

Do we really need to bring up your 'legs' definition from Monster Hunter World?  Going by that, RDR2 should fall flat and be unsuccessful at around 60 million units sold.

BlackBeauty said:
Train wreck said:

Like Monster Hunter World you mean? 

RDR2 will sell 30m+.

Barkley said:
BlackBeauty said:

Like Monster Hunter World you mean? 

RDR2 will sell 30m+.

This won't end well for him. Monster Hunter world did so good. Blew expectations away. Bringing it to consoles and pc was the best decision ever. 

Likewise rdr2 won't slow down proving it ain't over shipped. 

Around the Network
BlackBeauty said:
Train wreck said:

You need to stop yourself my dude.

10 million for a very high budget game isn’t that much. No wonder capcom’s stock continues to PLUMMET.

I said what I said and is fact. The game is literally in the discount bin trying to scrape overshipped copies.

FF15 “sold” “shipped” a lot too and that was a disaster as you can see by recent events.

Moderated for this and numerous other posts - think-man

Last edited by think-man - on 11 November 2018

BlackBeauty said:

10 million for a very high budget game isn’t that much. No wonder capcom’s stock continues to PLUMMET.

Oh, ok. So that's why Capcom's stock has more than doubled (from $9.35 to $21.1) since April last year.

You have an unhealthy problem with games doing good on PlayStation consoles. Get over it. Gaming is supposed to be fun. Not some made up war.

Train wreck said:
BlackBeauty said:

Not really, Rockstar is one of the few game companies with a track record that gives them the leverage to sell high shipments to retailers. 

They did the same thing with GTA, our initial shipment was so big that it was enough to cover the record number of preorder, record sales we had and the three months that followed, and that was across many stores at the Gamestop brand.

I don’t have any difficulty to imagine RDR2 to be overshipped at the retail level, but that dosen’t remove the achivement they made with the game.

BlackBeauty said:

I said what I said and is fact. The game is literally in the discount bin trying to scrape overshipped copies.

FF15 “sold” “shipped” a lot too and that was a disaster as you can see by recent events.

Dude, when the dumb stuff that you said in the past turns out to be wrong just eat crow and say you were wrong. Don't lie and dig yourself deeper. That's never a good look.