By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

GProgrammer said:
Alkibiádēs said:

There's plenty of yet-to-be-released Switch games featuring in the top 100 on Amazon (ten to be precise), so I doubt that's true. 

There's simply no way the Vita has more upcoming games than the Switch lol. 

I would also have thought so, so I went on Wikipedia and done a count of Switch vs Vita games releasing in 2018 Q1

Switch 23 Games

Vita 33 Games

So factually there are more Vita Games coming up on the Vita than the Switch, no doubt at some stage eg 2019 this will change but not at the moment

Wikipedia isn't exactly a good source for stuff like this lol... 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
GProgrammer said:

I would also have thought so, so I went on Wikipedia and done a count of Switch vs Vita games releasing in 2018 Q1

Switch 23 Games

Vita 33 Games

So factually there are more Vita Games coming up on the Vita than the Switch, no doubt at some stage eg 2019 this will change but not at the moment

Do you have a better source of Information for the Switch and Vita, LOL

GProgrammer said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Do you have a better source of Information for the Switch and Vita, LOL

Metacritic's upcoming list already has over 30 games for Switch in Q1 2018, so yes, I do... 

So what are the top 8th gen games on COMG anyways?

I imagine a lot of pokemon, but MHW might be able to breach the top echelons.

Holy mother of megaton gods. What a day for mhw.

56 points. Wow. 1400 point celebration. Will definitely hit 1500 now.

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
Boutros said:

And you think those should have charted yet?

Yes. If they're ranked on Amazon (US), why not here? Do Japanese gamers buy less games than Americans?

Dark Souls: Remastered, Mario Tennis Aces, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Dragon Quest Builders, The World Ends With You: Final Remix, Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition, Nintendo Labo: Variety Kit and Nintendo Labo: Robot Kit are the major titles that are missing. 

All of them are developed / published by Japanese companies...

Many of those aren't available for pre-order in Japan yet so it has no way to be in the chart in the first place lol

Of the ones that are up for pre-order I doubt many of them will sell north of 20k (most are late ports) so their absence in the chart is justified.

Dark Souls will make it in the chart but it's still 4 months away and the PS4 version will probably chart first anyway.

Last edited by Boutros - on 20 January 2018

Boutros said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Yes. If they're ranked on Amazon (US), why not here? Do Japanese gamers buy less games than Americans?

Dark Souls: Remastered, Mario Tennis Aces, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Dragon Quest Builders, The World Ends With You: Final Remix, Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition, Nintendo Labo: Variety Kit and Nintendo Labo: Robot Kit are the major titles that are missing. 

All of them are developed / published by Japanese companies...

Many of those aren't available for pre-order in Japan yet so it has no way to be in the chart in the first place lol

Of the ones that are up for pre-order I doubt many of them will sell north of 20k (most are late ports) so their absence in the chart is justified.

Dark Souls will make it in the chart but it's still 4 months away and the PS4 version will probably chart first anyway.

That can be said about most of the games on the chart in the first place lol. 

And the Labo Kit: Variety Set is #1 on Amazon Japan.

All the games I mentioned will sell decently in Japan, much more so than most games that are currently charting.

Looking at Amazon (US), Dark Souls: Remastered is also doing a lot better on the Switch than on PS4.

Alkibiádēs said:
Boutros said:

1. That can be said about most of the games on the chart in the first place lol. 

2. And the Labo Kit: Variety Set is #1 on Amazon Japan.

3. All the games I mentioned will sell decently in Japan, much more so than most games that are currently charting.

4. Looking at Amazon (US), Dark Souls: Remastered is also doing a lot better on the Switch than on PS4.

1. Most of the games in the chart are coming out within a month. Switch games are 2+ months away.

2. Nintendo Labo isn't even up for pre-order on Amazon Japan yet...

3. These are pre-orders numbers not prediction for lifetime sells...

4. Why are you using Amazon US?? lol This is a Japanese pre-order chart...

1 point for Cereza :D

Nintendo labo will be available to pre order in February. Can't remember the date. Expecting it to chart is just realistic. Oh and there will probably b be a full direct on that day.