By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

b00moscone said:
fedfed said:
Can Splatoon open at 500k unit week one in Japan?

Easily. I'd expect at least 800k FW.

Hold your horse. That's a near 80% attach rate at launch (maybe 70%, if we include all the Switches sold that same week). I would say at least 600k, but nowhere near 1 million.

No Switch game has sold 600k units yet btw.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
b00moscone said:

Hold your horse. That's a near 80% attach rate at launch (maybe 70%, if we include all the Switches sold that same week). I would say at least 600k, but nowhere near 1 million.

If Zelda can sell more copies than Switches in the US, then it's not outside the realm of possibility of people to get the game while they're on waiting list essentially for a Switch.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Slarvax said:
b00moscone said:

No horses will be held! I'm basing it off of this:

"According to Comg's twitter, pre-orders of Splatoon 2 have almost reached the planned first shipment number. At the moment is still possible to pre-order, so they recommend to do it before it's too late.

https://www.twitter.com/comg_nakajyou/status/883891546579320832"

This was when Splatoon 2 pre-order numbers were at about 775 points. I would then assume the first shipment is around 800. Provided the ratio stays at around 1:1000, we can expect an opening of around 800k. I do expect it to really rock Japan as well.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

outlawauron said:
Slarvax said:

If Zelda can sell more copies than Switches in the US, then it's not outside the realm of possibility of people to get the game while they're on waiting list essentially for a Switch.

I don't think that can be possible outside of launch. Even if people without Switches were to buy Spla2n, there should still be a small amount of people that are not interested in Spla2n and have a Switch. It would be insane if Spla2n outsells the Switch.

Though if it does happen, I'll have a nice laugh

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Slarvax said:
outlawauron said:

I don't think that can be possible outside of launch. Even if people without Switches were to buy Spla2n, there should still be a small amount of people that are not interested in Spla2n and have a Switch. It would be insane if Spla2n outsells the Switch.

Though if it does happen, I'll have a nice laugh

Indeed. I'll clarify a bit, I'm not predicting Splatoon 2 FW > Switch LTD. I'm just saying that huge attach rate isn't out of the question.

Personally, I think that the ratio for Splat2 will likely be less than people are predicting. Game is more likely to have a long burn, not necessarily a huge FW.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

The biggest question is how many of the Switches Nintendo has been saving up for Splatoon 2's release are part of Splatoon Bundles, I can easily see more than 100k bundles and that would already give a huge boost to the atach rate

Now that's what I'm talking about.

Dragon Quest rebounded strongly after a subpar day yesterday.
Splatoon drops after a solid day yesterday.

lol FF12
Great day for DQ11 PS4, happy to see it do well